Waiting on Wednesday (18): Ten

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you have a chance to let other know what you can’t wait to claim as your own.

Ten 
by Gretchen McNeil 
Expected publication: September 18th 2012 by Balzer + Bray

And their doom comes swiftly. 

It was supposed to be the weekend of their lives – an exclusive house party on Henry Island. Best friends Meg and Minnie each have their reasons for being there (which involve T.J., the school's most eligible bachelor) and look forward to three glorious days of boys, booze and fun-filled luxury. 

But what they expect is definitely not what they get, and what starts out as fun turns dark and twisted after the discovery of a DVD with a sinister message: Vengeance is mine. 


Suddenly people are dying, and with a storm raging, the teens are cut off the from the outside world. No electricity, no phones, no internet, and a ferry that isn't scheduled to return for two days. As the deaths become more violent and the teens turn on each other, can Meg find the killer before more people die? Or is the killer closer to her than she could ever imagine? 

Why I need this: this just sounds like one scary, intense mystery thriller!!! A whole bunch of teens trapped on an island where they start dying!!! You know there is going to be come KILLER cliffhangers with the chapters and I have a feeling this will keep me up in the wee hours of the morning to know who done it!!!!

Comments

  1. This does sound good! I just barely recently saw the cover but now that I read the description I want to read it. Lot of teens going all psycho on each other should be good fun. Can't wait to see who the killer turns out to be.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a book with a bit of mystery, and looks like this one has A LOT! I'm so excited for this one now, so thanks for educating me!

    Wanna check out my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds really awesome and creepy. I definitely can't wait to read it. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Great pick! This sounds thrilling and creepy. Yay, definitely my kind of book. Adding this on my TBR now. :))

    Eunice @ Book Overdose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ten sounds a bit like an updated version of Agatha Christie's Ten Little Indians (which was awesome)---so I'll definitely be checking this one out! Great pick, Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there :) just popping in... I've see Ten around quite a lot lately. I'm also eagerly awaiting this book.

    Did you ever see one of the "I Know What You Did Last Summer" movies were they were trapped on an island as well?

    :) Here is my choice...

    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like everyone is excited for this book this week!!! It looks so awesome! I am definitely excited for it :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see this cover and always think of Shutter Island or the beginning credits of Alcatraz. Hopefully after reading this book every time I watch Shutter Island and Alcatraz I will think of McNeil's Ten. It sounds great and I hope it leaves a lasting impression. Excellent pick :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool book. :) I've never heard of it, but the cover and blurb makes it sound ah-mazing.

    Here's my WoW

    Meg @ The Book Galaxy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I almost picked this as my wow too it sounds really good, creepy!! Great pick!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooohhhhhhh! I have NOT seen this before! Tara! How is that possible?! It looks so creepy and amazing! The cover is eery and the synopsis sounds killer [literally huh lol] I am going to put this on my list RIGHT NOW!!
    Great pick this week dear!

    You can check out my WoW pick here.

    [:
    ShawnaLeAnn
    Dreaming In The Pages

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha Tara!! I love your comment "this will keep me up in the wee hours of the morning to know who done it" :D :D I don't read thrillers much, well at all, but I really hope you'll like it!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!