Waiting On Wednesday (19): Blind Spot

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you have a chance to let other know what you can’t wait to claim as your own.

by Laura Ellen 
Expected publication: October 23rd 2012 by Harcourt Children's Books

There’s none so blind as they that won’t see. 

Seventeen-year-old Tricia Farni’s body floated to the surface of Alaska’s Birch River six months after the night she disappeared. 
The night Roz Hart had a fight with her. 
The night Roz can’t remember. 

Roz, who struggles with macular degeneration, is used to assembling fragments to make sense of the world around her. But this time it’s her memory that needs piecing together—to clear her name . . . to find a murderer. This unflinchingly emotional novel is written in the powerful first-person voice of a legally blind teen who just wants to be like everyone else. 

Debut novelist Laura Ellen's own experiences with macular degeneration add powerful authenticity to this suspenseful and emotional page-turner for teens. 

Why I need this: this cover is just beyond AMAZING!!!!!!! It sounds so full of mystery and adventure I can’t wait!!! And all the way till October!!! Gah!!! It’s too long!!! But it sure will be a good Halloween book!!!! And I have recently read a book with a blind main character and it was amazing and so different! I can’t wait to see how this author does it!!!

So tell me what are you waiting for??

Comments

  1. This one does sound good! I love mysteries involving memory loss. Hopefully she can find out what happened to her friend.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there :) just popping in...
    Great choice, I'm definitely adding this to my TBR pile! Where do you find all these great books?

    :) Here is my choice...
    Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! It's nice to find a book w/a unique premise. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cover - ahhhh!!! This book sounds awesome, I added it to my TBR list :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!