Waiting On Wednesday (63): Teardrop by Lauren Kate

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you have a chance to let other know what you can’t wait to claim as your own. 

by Lauren Kate
Expected publication: October 22nd 2013 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Never, ever cry. . . . Eureka Boudreaux's mother drilled that rule into her daughter years ago. But now her mother is gone, and everywhere Eureka goes he is there: Ander, the tall, pale blond boy who seems to know things he shouldn't, who tells Eureka she is in grave danger, who comes closer to making her cry than anyone has before.

But Ander doesn't know Eureka's darkest secret: ever since her mother drowned in a freak accident, Eureka wishes she were dead, too. She has little left that she cares about, just her oldest friend, Brooks, and a strange inheritance—a locket, a letter, a mysterious stone, and an ancient book no one understands. The book contains a haunting tale about a girl who got her heart broken and cried an entire continent into the sea. Eureka is about to discover that the ancient tale is more than a story, that Ander might be telling the truth . . . and that her life has far darker undercurrents than she ever imagined. From Lauren Kate comes an epic saga of heart-stopping romance, devastating secrets, and dark magic . . . a world where everything you love can be washed away.
Why I need this: You know that feeling you get, when the tears are right there and the world stops in that moment on the brink of total heart break? I hope I get that feeling from this book!! This cover is just wow! And I can't wait to get this puppy!!!

What are you waiting on?

Comments

  1. I had no idea Lauren Kate was releasing a new book! I read Fallen and really liked it, and this book sounds really good too. Plus, the cover is absolutely gorgeous <3

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick, this one does sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pick! What a gorgeous cover! I wasn't a huge fan of her Fallen series, but this one looks promising, so I'll give it a shot!

    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  4. this cover is gorgeous but the reason you want to read it really got to me.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY, Lauren Kate! I wasn't a huge fan of her Fallen series, but I am totally willing to give this new book a whirl! Plus, the cover is stunning, compared to the Fallen series' covers. Great choice!

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!