Waiting On Wednesday (30): While It Lasts

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you have a chance to let other know what you can’t wait to claim as your own. 

While It Lasts (Sea Breeze #3)
by Abbi Glines
Expected publication: August 7th 2012

Maybe driving home after a few (or more) shots of tequila had been a bad idea, but hell, he did it all the time. The cops had to have been freaking bored to have pulled him over. He wasn’t even swerving! That’s Cage York’s story and he’s sticking to it. 

Unfortunately, his baseball coach isn’t buying it. Cage has a free ride to the local junior college for baseball -- or he did, until he’d gotten a DUI. Now, Cage has to decide: does he drop out and give up his dream of getting noticed by a college in the SEC, and possibly making it into the Major Leagues -- or does he give in to his coach’s demands and spend his summer bailing hay? 

Eva Brooks planned out her life step by step when she was eight years old. Not once over the years had she lost sight of her goals. Josh Beasley, her next door neighbor, had been the center of those goals. He’d been her first boyfriend at seven, her first kiss at ten, her first date at fifteen, and her first tragedy at eighteen. The moment she’d received the phone call from Josh’s mother saying he’d been killed along with four other soldiers just north of Baghdad, Eva’s carefully planned life imploded in the worst way possible. 

Cage isn’t real happy with his closet-sized bedroom in the back of a foul smelling barn, or his daily interactions with cows, but he knows that if he doesn’t make his coach happy then he can kiss his scholarship goodbye. Only a sick and twisted man would decide his punishment was to be working on a farm all summer. No hot babes in bikinis waiting to meet a Southern boy to make her vacation complete. Just him and the damned cows. 

Oh -- and an uptight, snarky brunette with the biggest blue eyes he’s every seen. But she doesn’t count, because as hard as he’s tried to charm her out of her panties - he’s pretty sure she’d rather see him hung from the rafters than let him get a taste of her pretty little lips.

Why I need this: So I just finished The Vincent Brothers (OH BABY) and I'm pretty much in a huge Abbi Glines mood. It doesn’t take much to get sucked right back into her books!! And I know I'm so bad because I still have Because of Low and Predestined to read!!! Yes, yes you may all send in your flaming arrows now. However! I still REALLY want this book!!! I have a soft spot for a guy named Cage (this is going to be love hate, because I was thinking about writing myself a book with a sexy awesome hot guy and FINALLY decided on a sexy name to go with it, but a lass! Abbi got to it first!!! Anyways, I digress.) I love me some Abbi and it’s fitting that I had The Vincent Brothers as my Teaser Tuesday yesterday!! I can’t help it!! Maybe ill go and read some Because of Low now. Anyway! I want it and I want it now!!!! I mean HELLO!!!! I can just picture one SEXY ass mofo in really sexy baseball pants and shirtless! Ok, I'm going to stop dreaming because I'm starting to get hot!!!
Don't forget everyone, My 500 Tots giveaway is going on RIGHT NOW! And it's AMAZING! Check it out HERE!!!

Comments

  1. Great choice, I'm waiting on this one too! I'll only send you one flaming arrow though, how can you possibly read "While it Lasts" without reading "Because of Low" first? You do know there's a whole heap of delicious cagey goodness in that book right? ;)
    Jealous you've already read the Vincent Brothers, though I guess I could just go and pick it up today!Yay!

    Here's MY WOW!

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you will love this one! I read the first in the series and it was good. I liked the waiter guy. I can't remember his name it's been so long.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. *gasp* I may have to unleash a quiver of flaming arrows at you for not reading Because of Low yet! It's amaaaazing. I cried my way through half of it, but, but, but..you have to read it NOW. Cage is so adorable with Low.

    I'll admit this was a wonderful pick from the corner I'm pouting in. :p

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pick that I am going to have to check out!


    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    My WoW - http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2102

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will go look up that book! Looks really good!

    MY wow: http://bookhavenextraordinaire.blogspot.com/2012/06/hyperventilating-on-wednesday-defiance.html

    Inky @ Book Haven Ex.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good! I've heard a lot of good things about all her books.

    My WOW
    Safari Poet

    Old follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch!!! That is one amazingly good summary!! Thanks for sharing Tana!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!