30 Days Meme for December 2012: Days 1-10

This book Meme will be on:
The Indie Exchange Fan Page – https://www.facebook.com/indieexchange
Thanks to Corrine for showing me the way! for posting about it.
~Happy Holidays~

Well I'm a little late to the party but I come with booz!!! Now the party can start!!! Anyways! I saw this on a fellow friends blog and thought “OH how fun!!!!” so I am going to try and do as many of these as I can!!! And I'm going to start with the ones that I missed!! I'm just going to do them all in one post so here we go!!!

Day 01 - The best book you read this year
WHAT! One??? Ugh! This is just toooooo hard to choose. But if I think about it, there might me a couple books that I will read again and just couldn’t put down. Sooo lets look…
Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
I didn’t think I was going to love Sweet Evil like I did but it really is just am amazing ride!!! I love it so much I read it twice this year!! And most likely will read it over and over again!
Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout
And of course Onyx makes an appearance! I already know that was going to be a best read. And when I finish Opal, that’s going on this list also!!!
On Dublin Street by Samantha Young
On Dublin totally took me by surprise. I picked it up not knowing what it ws about and I was in a reading funk during the time and man did it take me for a ride!! And it cemented itself comfortably at the top of my favorite book list!! I want more!! So much more!
The Assassins Series by Toni Aleo
Now, this series is what is keeping me together though this hockey lockout. I love Toni and I love all of her books. They are just the best kind of book crack candy!!! PLUS!!! Hockey players?? Oh lordy!!! Yum!!!

HA! Look!! I narrowed it down to 4!! Well ok so it’s really 8 but the assassin series counts as 1 book!!! All of these books just complete me!!! They were just some of the most exhilarating reads of the year and some that totally took me by surprise.

Day 02 – A book that you’ve read more than 3 times

Well I don’t reread very many books but one that I am on my 3rd ish time would be…
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
UGH!!! This is just too much yumminess to not read it over and over again!!! I don’t need to say more about this book that hasn’t already been said before!

Day 03 – Your favorite series
There are so many that I love!!! I have to pick one!! I don’t know why I keep doing these best of things. I never can pick a favorite or anything like that!!!
Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Beautiful Disaster Series by Jamie McGuire
Sweet Evil Series by Wendy Higgins
Sea Breeze Series by Abbi Glines
Assassins Series by Toni Aleo
You are lucky I limited it down to 5 because there are so many more that I love! But right now all of these series I kinda mark my calendar for the next book! They are all amazing!! And full of total hotness!

Day 04 – Favorite book of your favorite series

Ugh!! Again with the picking favorites!!! This is just so mean!!!

So a recap, my favorite series I picked were Lux, Beautiful Disaster, Sweet Evil, Sea Breeze and Assassins. Now I am going to pick my favorite out of each one because there is no way that I can pick just one out of all of them!
Lux Onyx
I have only read the first two books and opal is sitting here staring at me. But right now, I love Onyx! The twist and changes ugh! Too much good!
With walking disaster set for an April release (why!! Why is it so far away) and BD being pretty much my favorite book of all time, this one gets the prize!
Sweet Evil-Sweet Peril
So I'm kinda cheating here. I haven’t read it yet but I know some things in it that will def make it my favorite!! I am having faith in you Wendy to not let me down!),
Sea Breeze-While It Lasts 
Honestly, this book is competing with BD for my favorite book of al time. I LOVE Cage and this book was just mmmm soooo damn good!! And HELLO!!! Nipple rings!! Dies
Assassins- Blue Lines
I know I know you are all going to say how can Blue Lines be your favorite its not even written yet!! And I say WHO CARES! Erik is heartbreaking and this book is just amazing!!

Day 05 – A book that makes you happy

So many books make me happy. But I will go with a book that makes me giggle! And right now that would be Wallbanger by Alice Clayton!! Oh man this book!! Cracks me up so hard!! And just a warning for the kiddies, its an 18+ book!! but oh man!! The shit that happens in this book is like the best sitcom ever!! I love it and want more!!

Day 06 – A book that makes you sad
Not many books actually make me cry. When you do, its good!! Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows is the big one that brings nasty ugly snot crying to my eyes. 
But also Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. Oh my word, it was just ugly snot mess when reading that.

Day 07 – Most underrated book

There are so many books that I love that I think everyone should love and a year ago I would have said Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire. But since everyone caught wind of those books, I have to move forward.

6 months ago I would have said any book by Abbi Glines, but yet again, people started to realize how amazing that book is!!

So for right now I will have to say my home girls Toni Aleo’s books The Assassins Series. Oh wait, nope THAT BITCH GOT PICKED UP ALSO!!!!!! Damn!! Look at this all my favorite books are getting the spotlight.
So I am going to have to go with Sweet Evil. Why you say? Didn’t Kaidan make it into the YA Crush Tourney? Didn’t Harper finally pick up the rest of the books in the series?? Isn’t it topping a lot of the Best Lists right now? Why yes, it has done all that. BUT! There are still people who haven’t heard of it!!! Which just blows my mind!!!

So there!! Check out ALL of those books because they are all amazing!!!

Day 08 – Most overrated book
Ok, let me go get my shield because a stoning is about to happen. I have two books here that in need to spotlight.

Up first is:
Divergent by Veronica Roth
*runs and hides*
I just, I don’t get why everyone loves these books. I read em, finished em, but I wasn’t wowed by them like everyone else I know. Nor do I think it needs to be labeled as best books of the year or best author. Yea the world building was good, but that’s about it. The characters were flat and I guess I just didn’t connect with hit. I think it was just hyped up to much and didn’t live up to my expectations.

And the other one
Fifty Shades by E.L. James
Yes I loved these books. But I don’t think that they should be as hyped as they are. There are other books out there that are better written and more original. However I must comment it for paving the way for some of the other great books to get published (Like BD and Abbi Glines books and also my lovely Toni’s books) but honestly, lets pick something else.

Day 09 – A book you thought you wouldn't like but ended up loving
You know, this is a perfect question for how I feel lately. I have been in a reading funk and didn’t think anything was going to help so I picked up On Dublin Street by Samantha Young and by god! It turned into my best read of the year!!! It’s my Beautiful Disaster of this year!! It changed my life, grabbed my ass and gave me a good spanking!!! Totally loved it!

Day 10 – Favorite classic book
I am going to have to refrain from answering this one because honestly, I haven’t read any of the classics. I wasn’t one that grew up reading so I don’t have any to put in here. :(


30 Day Book Meme:

Day 11 – A book you hated

Day 12 – A book you used to love but don’t anymore

Day 13 – Your favorite writer

Day 14 – Favorite book of your favorite writer

Day 15 – Favorite male character

Day 16 – Favorite female character

Day 17 – Favorite quote from your favorite book

Day 18 – A book that disappointed you

Day 19 – Favorite book turned into a movie

Day 20 – Favorite romance book

Day 21 – Favorite book from your childhood

Day 22 – Favorite book you own

Day 23 – A book you wanted to read for a long time but still haven’t

Day 24 – A book that you wish more people would’ve read

Day 25 – A character who you can relate to the most

Day 26 – A book that changed your opinion about something

Day 27 – The most surprising plot twist or ending

Day 28 – Favorite title

Day 29 – A book everyone hated but you liked

Day 30 – Your favorite book of all time

Comments

  1. *waves* I'm just stalking your blog today!! ha ha

    Oh my!!! I'm doing this, too!!! ha ha So Many Great Books!! I love the Lux series, those book are amazing.
    Sweet Evil, just *sigh* wonderful :)
    *slow grin* and Beautiful Disaster! And dear Lord, I need Walking Disaster!!

    I loved the books you picked girl!! And you need to read some good classics! *giggles*

    I also just finished Wallbanger...*cackles* LOVED THE FRIGGIN' HELL OUT OF IT!!! Thank you!! Thank you, for telling me to read it!!! Like, it was just *throws head back laughing*

    Magen Corrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started to do one of these 30 day challenges and never finished. LOL It's still in my drafts. It had some different questions but similar idea. It is so hard for me to make top pick lists! SO many good books! I love most of what you listed. Cried my eyes out at Before I Fall. Such a sad sad ending! I've seen your love for Wallbanger and now I'm totally reading it! It sounds really funny!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!