Waiting On Wednesday (55): The Elite by Kiera Cass

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you have a chance to let other know what you can’t wait to claim as your own.


by Kiera Cass
Expected publication: April 23rd 2013 by HarperTeen
The hotly-anticipated sequel to the New York Times bestsellerThe Selection.

Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.
Why I need this: I really LOVED the cheesiness from the first book and I sooo can't wait to see where this one goes. I think this book is sooooo going to turn up the drama and I can't wait!!! It's like me waiting for the next season of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. I need it!!!

What are you waiting on?

Comments

  1. lol yeah it is a drama-rama like the Real Housewives! All those girls fighting over a rich bachelor!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha actually the cheesiness is the reason why i didn't enjoy The Selection all that much. Hope The Elite is better in that aspect though

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaah I'm SOOOO excited for this one - I absolutely LOVED The Selection, and I can't wait to see where Cass takes this story! Awesome pick - I think I might actually pre-order this book soon ;P

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, okay.... I haven't read this series, and I'm not sure if I every will (so many books on my to read list as it is) but it does sound pretty darn good!! And the cover is all gorgeous too! though the girl looks like she wants to punch someone ha ha!!!

    AWESOME PICK TARA!!!!!!!

    Magen Corrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha I will readily admit that I am excited for this book too. Like you said, I loved the cheesiness of The Selection. It just fed my need for all things cheesy and entertaining, and awful but wonderful all at the same time. I am so ready for the drama to get kicked up a notch. YES. :)

    Julia @ That Hapa Chick

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABULOUS choice! I recently read and really liked The Selection - so I am ready to read this one! Too bad I didn't get an ARC - I know a lot of people have been getting some. Oh well! Hope it turns out to be great!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!