Review: Losing It by Cora Cormack

Super wonderful to have my wonderful friend, Erin, here to do her first guest review!!! I hope you all enjoy Erin's take on Losing It!!!

“Garrick was panting when he replied, “You’re not forcing me to do anything. I just want you to be sure. You can say stop at anytime.” His lips pulled wide. “You don’t need to make up a new pet.” 




by Cora Carmack 

Virginity.


Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier. 

Erin's Take

When I saw the cover of this book on a friend's GR page, I knew I had to check it out, and I once I read the blurb I couldn't wait to get my hands on it! Turns out Garrick is just as dreamy as he's personified on this cover, and this was one sexy, fun, sweet romance that I just loved!

Garrick was such a lovable character, it was so easy to fall in love with him right along with Bliss (such a cute name, and perfect for her character!). When she first meets him in the bar that fateful night she was determined to finally lose her V card, the flirty banter between the two of them started out adorable and then turned oh-so-sexy!!! Garrick was just a prince charming with a dirty sexy side that didn't take much coaxing, and my heart was racing for every minute of that night they (almost) shared!! What an entirely awkward, embarrassing situation for her, but DAMN I was still fanning myself afterwards! Whew, Garrick sure knows the female body well!!! And I've yet to mention the fact that this sexy beast of a man is British, so reading his dialogue with the accent just made him entirely too smoking hot for words!!! *bites knuckles* He really was the perfect guy; so sweet and caring, strong and not willing to take no for an answer, drop-dead gorgeous without being cocky, and underneath it all he knows how to keep his lady satisfied...mmmhmmm!!! =) 


Now Bliss...I went through so many emotions for this girl, I felt like I was in a pinball machine bouncing back and forth! I was worried her naivete would drive me crazy, but she wasn't irritatingly inexperienced like I'd worried. In fact, I was surprised how much of a vixen she was that first night she and Garrick meet...well, up until she has the mother-of-all freak outs!! And I have to say, IT WAS HILARIOUS!!! Bliss has that ill-fated condition of diarrhea of the mouth, where things just pop out and she has to deal with the aftermath. The excuse she comes up with for ending her and Garrick's moment of (heart-racing) passion was downright ridiculous to the point you just wish she could hear you going WTF??!! I literally felt uncomfortable FOR her, it was that embarrassing!! Bliss was just so cute with her awkwardness that I couldn't possibly dislike her for being clueless at times. I did want to drag her away just to knock some sense into her at a few points in the story, but it was so a part of her quirky personality. And I wanted her to finally get to that point where she would allow herself to be with Garrick, but her inexperience and the impending end to her college years and pressures of 'real life' just made things so much more complicated for her. I respected her for not just jumping right into it once they had gotten to know each other, even though inside I was screaming "just rock his world already"!!! 


The fact that Carmack really took the time to have the characters develop a friendship and actually have a realistic physical relationship for so much of the story was really refreshing. Every moment they were together you could feel the sparks flying between them, and it was maddening, torturous foreplay reading about the steamy makeout sessions they would sneak! But that perfect chemistry led to one incredible moment that had me weak in the knees, and it was worth the wait!!!! I really loved getting to know these lovable characters, and this was one love story that I highly recommend! 


Love, 

Comments