Sweet Evil Read-A-Long: Week 3: Truth or Dare

Hidey ho to all the fellow Sweet Evilians (yea I made up a new word, deal and love it!) I am here today for week two of the Sweet Evil Read-A-Long hosted by the wonderful Mindy from Magical Urban Fantasy Reads and co-hosted by myself and Nancy from Ravenous Reader, Rachel from Fiktshun and Jaime from Two Chicks on Books.

I hope that you all are enjoying the Sweet Evil Read-A-Long!! I for one love this book and am totally thrilled that so many people are participating and enjoying all the post!!! It really has been a blast seeing everyone fall in love with this book!!! 

Welcome to week 3!! I hope everyone is having the best time ever getting to know Kaidan and the rest of the gang! This weeks topic is:

Truth or Dare
Now I am not one to play this game very often. One I suck at coming up with questions or dares to ask people and two I'm pretty much an open book and don’t hid to much from people! But this time around I'm hooking up with Nancy from Ravenous Reader to play a quick game with our lovely readers!!
So here we go!!! Also if you want to see what she did, just head on over HERE and check it out! Its pretty funny!!!

RR: What talent do you have that is embarrassing to share?
TTT: Ugh! Ok this one only my best friend knows about and she bugs me all the damn time! I can do a peacock mating call. Hides and no I will not show ANYONE! I don’t even let my BF hear it anymore. So don’t even ask!

RR: What things are you shallow about?
TTT: So I am normally not a very shallow person. I really love the diversity of the human race. However, there is a certain breed of humans that I try to distance myself from. And that would be stupid people. I just can stand to be around people who are totally stupid and ignorant. Ugh. Yea that’s pretty much the only thing I am shallow about. 

RR: Dare- Watch a scary movie.
TTT: My initial reaction when people tell me to do this:

Somehow during the scary movie, maybe its my way to cope, is I get all loud mouth smart ass person! 
And me for DAYS after watching a scary movie!
And now for how I actually watch a scary movie:
Uh yea, LEGIT!!! That is how I "see" scary movies! 

Now this section of the book is such a heart breaker!!!! I mean seriously! There is so much that happens in this section that just richen ups this novel to the extreme. We get introduced to all the different kids and get to explore the world and lour more AND get to know her papa more! Ugh love it all!!! 

And as always, I will leave you with some of my favorite quotes. I edited some because they are spolierie and just too heart breaking to post. 

Favorite Quotes
I eyed all the teensy skirts and fashionable shirts dangling on mannequins. I tried to imagine Kaidan’s reaction if I came dressed like that to one of his shows, some guy other than Jay on my arm. Ugly stalker thoughts. I was full of them. ~263

“Kope!” the other guy yelled. “What the frick?! You got some cheetah blood in you or what?” ~270

When my dad arrived, Patti stood by the counter with her arms crossed. He appeared as large and frightening as ever. The kind of man nobody would dare to mess with. 
Patti walked right up and smacked him across the face. ~319

A sob escaped through Patti’s hand. He’s hit her soft spot. Not only did he compliment her mothering, but he’d compared her to an angel. ~ 320

I assumed it would be a relief to let down my mental guard, even though it was becoming second nature to have up the block. I felt exposed and didn’t like the way my dad’s eyes squinched up when he saw my colors. I’d been trying not to think about Kaidan, but that only made me think of him more. My dad pinched the bridge of his nose. I was guessing he didn’t think red passionate love had any business being in his little girl’s wardrobe of emotions. But he didn’t say anything about it – only let out a jagged sigh and began. ~ 322

I pulled at the long bangs. As she lifted layers of my hair with her fingers, checking it out and complimenting the style, I marveled about the nature of humanity, and how something as lovely as friendship could stem from something so hideous. ~ 336

Don't forget to enter the AMAZING giveaway that is going on!

Comments

  1. LOVE IT! Cracked up at the scary-movie-watching gifs & pic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love scary movies!!!! Any movies with kids scare the crap out of me. I find them so creepy! Like Village of the Damned, Insidious, Rosemary's Baby, and the Omen. I'm an open book but I usually chose dare because I thought it was more fun! But it is hard to think up good dares!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully one day you'll let us hear your peacock mating call.......I wanna hear it bad! I'm not a fan of scary movies either. But it's more the mind eff movies. The stupid funny scary movies are OK...but I'm still very leery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I almost fell of my chair reading your post!

    Honestly, off the top of my head, I wouldn't even know what a peacock mating call sounds like. ;)

    Gosh, there's nothing worse than stupid and ignorant people. So totally agree with you there!!!

    I gotta say, I love all your gifs but my favorite has to be Dean when he's scared of the little kitten. HILARIOUS!!! I almost peed myself laughing when I saw it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I love the scary movie part of your post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!! I love your posts!! you're really funny!
    I really loved the Scary-movie gif!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know what a peacock mating call sounds like but you intrigue me enough to make me want to hear it. Your photo watching a scary movie remind me of my sister. When she is watching horror films, more than half of the film her eyes were close.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I pretty much stay away from scary movies, LOL!
    Otherwise I know I'll get no sleep.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!