Fancy Meeting You Here Friday, In My Mailbox (1)

Ok so in my boring lil world, I never though I would have a LOT to write about!!!! When I was starting this blog I was thinking, gosh I'm going to have a hard time thinking about something to write. Boy was I wrong!!!!!! All the better for you!!!!

Breaking Dawn

So first off breaking dawn came out today!!!!! And oh yes I saw it!!!! I have to say that I do like the direction that it went it. For one it’s not BLUE which is a huge improvement (anything is an improvement over the first movie).


So I will start my first movie review by saying DAMN IT I WANT THOSE SHOES! Ugh!!!! Darn you Carolina Herrera and Manolo Blahnik for making amazing shoes!!!! Does anyone wanna donate 1300 bucks to the Tara needs those shoes funds???? Oh and the dress was a wonderful surprise!!!! I mean WOW! Amazing!!! The whole wedding was beautiful and funny! I even got a bit teary. Yea I'm super cheese.


How can you not love these shoes??
The honeymoon was lovely and I have to say for being PG13 the best you can get for what we have all been waiting for. I have noticed more in this movie more the moments when Bella is thinking to herself and I loved it! Kristen was able to act a bit better and allow me to fell the moment with her instead of nitpicking how her eyebrows furrowing together. It was touching and wonderful! And my bed breaking, OOOOO MAMA!!!!!

For the rest of the movie, we are dealing with the demon spawn growing in Bella. Looking back, this was the part of the movie that I enjoyed the most. The CGI was subtle with her having the life drained out of her and it was a nice touch. I really enjoyed the way the transformation went I though it was a nice touch. A lot of those elements excited me.


This movie even made me like Jacob a lil bit more. (I said a lil bit!). I enjoyed the wolf pack and my favorite little brother I want, Seth!!!! And the other scene-stealer, CHARLIE!!!!! He always takes the lime light in both the movie and books!


The story was close to true to the books, it adds to my experience of the movie rather than make me loathe the movies. Bill Condon did the movie good!!!! I like that we were able to see the other side of their perfect romance and get down to the true meaning of what it means to be married to someone. It grounded the characters in reality (even though they are fictional). This movie did nothing but add and expand on what the books started.



However I found myself almost wishing for more Jacob! I felt that there were some things missing in regards to his journey and torment. I feel like that he was cut out just a bit. I also felt that Rose wasn’t a main focus like she was in the books. IT was those moments in the book between her and Bella that made me love Rose more. 

Now we only have to wait a whole year to see it all end!!! 
Rating: 4.5/5 stars (if it could have been R, it would have probably been 5)

In My Mailbox

So this is a weekly meme I never though I would post! Being new to the blogging world I don’t have publishers sending me books (just yet) however today was different. I was lucky enough to win an advanced copy of a book from goodreads!!!! Oooo I was so excited! It’s the first thing I have won in a long time!!!!! So anyways, I am now participating in IMM. I probably wont do this every week, only when new books come my ways!


So IMM is a weekly meme started by The StorySiren. Its purpose was to encourage those lover of books to share what came their way, by way of wining, begging, borrowing or buying. 

So today I had to hunt down The Iron Daughter and the Iron Queen. I just finished The Iron King (review to come soon) and couldn’t wait till Christmas for someone to buy it for me!!!!
I also cam across the two missing books that prevented my Chronicles of Narnia collection from being complete. When Borders was closing I snatched up what was left, however it wasn’t complete. I have an obsession of having my series books be all from the same publication and of the same type (hardcover, paperback, ebook or whatnot). Lucky for me I was able to grab my missing two books. #3 The Horse and His Boy and #6 The Silver Chair. 

And to complete my IMM today was a book that was actually IMMM!!!! Its so excited waiting for book in the mail!!! I won an advanced signed copy of farsighted by Emilyn Chand. My first win and my first ARC!!!!!

To Recap




What's in your mailbox?

Comments

  1. Well, well, well, it has come to this lol.. I actually tried to start a blog a while ago. Then i changed my mind lol. Anyways, this should be entertaining :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to IMM =]

    Looks like you had a good week! Congrats on your first ARC win! xD
    I still haven't read the Iron Fey series but everyone seems to be talking about them so maybe I should give them a go! Hope you like the next two in the series at any rate!

    Here's what I got In My Mailbox this week!

    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh nice! I have to start the Iron Fey series too, soon! Everyone says it's fantastic!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Iron Fey books! I hope you enjoy them too!

    I found you via the IMM linky. I’m a new follower :)
    Rachel Brooks Writes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!