Teaser Tuesday (2): Shiver


WHOOO HOOO!!!!!! I have been blogging for a whole week now!!!! I was afraid that this was going to get boring after about 3 days but I have to say its way to much fun!!!! I was to thank everyone who has check this out and for all of my followers!!! I feel so loved!!!!

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can tease others.

Here’s how:
  • Step 1: grab your current read.
  • Step 2: open to a random page.
  • Step 3: share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.  Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others.
  • Step 4: make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles!
And that’s now you make a successful tease (as far as a book goes).

Shiver 
by Maggie Stiefvater

I closed my eyes, flared my nostrils, and let the scents flood in.  The strongest of them, caramel and brown sugar, smell as yellow-orange as the sun, came first. That one was easy. The one that anyone would notice coming into the shop. And then chocolate, of course, the bitter dark and the sugary milk chocolate. I didn’t think a normal girl would’ve smelled anything else, and part of me wanted to stop there. But I could feel Sam’s heart pounding behind me, and for once, I gave in.
pp. 279-280

This book has been on that has been sitting on my shelf for a long time and I'm glad I decided to read it.  Maggie has a way of not only painting a beautiful picture of the world of Mercy Falls but she also draws you in with your other senses, esp. smell.  I’ve only got about 100 pages to go and I'm so excited to see how this finishes. 

Are you a tease?

Comments