Teaser Tuesday 1 and Introductions

Ok so here I go!!!! I decided that since I have so much time on my hands lately I decided that I'm going to start blogging!!!! This blog is going to be a mash up of my life. A bit on quilting, a LOT on books and a lil about me! 

First thing first here is the part about books

Teaser Tuesday


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following: 
  • Grab your current read 
  • Open to a random page 
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page 
  • Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others! 

Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles!
The Iron King By Julie Kagawa
My limbs were numb, and I was suddenly very tired. Blackness crawled on the edge of my Vision. I lay back against a tree and watched the lights swarm through the air. Vaguely, some part of me realized I'd stopped breathing, but the rest of me didn't really care. 
p. 112
So far this book is good. Part one is kinda all over the place and moving to quickly for how I like my stories to develop. But it’s starting to find its groove. I hear great things about this series, so I know it will get better.

The Quilting

Ok so this part I can’t talk to much about because of who its for but lets just say its taking longer than I anticipated!!!! I have almost everything cut, I just might need more fabric!!! It might go faster if I didn’t have starch the fabric!!! That’s the worst part.  It takes so long!!!!!!  But I gotta get cracking.  Maybe in the next few days ill get back to finishing it.  I really only need about 50 more pieces to be cut and then I can sew so I don’t know what’s taking me so long to get to this point!

Anyways, other than me avoiding that project I'm also working on putting the back on my first quilt I never finished.  I think I have a problem finishing things.  At least for this project I have everything in need! I just need to cut and sew the back together and then I can make my sandwich and quilt it together!


VERSUS
This is a quick post that I must insert because both trailers were just released! So there are two, that’s right TWO snow white movies coming out soon. Both going in very different directions.

The first is Snow White and The Huntsman with Kristen Stewart, Chris Hemsworth and Charlize Theron

Synopsis

In the epic action-adventure Snow White and the Huntsman, Kristen Stewart (Twilight) plays the only person in the land fairer than the evil queen (Oscar winner Charlize Theron) out to destroy her. But what the wicked ruler never imagined ...

June 1st, 2012
I have to say I'm excited about this one. Its different and who doesn’t want to watch more of Chris???? I do!!!! We shall see how Kristen does, but I'm leaning towards this version a bit more!


The next one is Mirror Mirror staring Julia Roberts, Lily Collins and Armie Hammer. Wicked enchantress (Roberts) schemes and scrambles for control of a spirited orphan's (Collins) throne and the attention of a charming prince (Hammer). When Snow White's beauty wins the heart of the prince that she desperately pursues, the Queen banishes her to the forest, where a ravening man-eating beast hungrily awaits.

Rescued by a band of diminutive highway robbers, Snow White grows into an indomitable young woman determined to take back her realm from the treacherous Queen.


March 16, 2012



This one has more of a comedy.  It looks like it will be good. I love the costumes, which is probably the main draw for me with seeing this movie. 

So, which one do you think is better????

Now the rest about me!!!!! Great news came to me today, just when I needed a silver lining.  I got a call for my first interview for a NURSING position!!!!! I'm beyond elated about this. It has been close to 100 application, about 50 rejection letters and the rest don’t have the time so relieve my pain!!! But I got an actually call!!!! No letter, and actually person on the phone!!!!! So go me!!!!!  It’s at UCDavis Medical. A long drive, but it’s not a rejection!!!!!

When you have an issue with rejection and keep applying for jobs and people not wanting you.  It gets harder and harder to keep you head up.  Even after you have an interview with a local retailer and felt like you are a shoe in. anyways enough of my moping!

So that’s my start! I hope you like my blog and check back to see what other things come out of my mouth (by way of my fingertips).

Comments

  1. I had no idea that there were two Snow White movies coming out. Well, I'm looking forward to both. Hmm, although I will be picturing THOR while watching one ;)

    I have only read the short story for this series but I know it is on my TBR list!!

    Mad Scientist

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!