Follow Friday(19): Hyped Books

Follow Friday is a blog hop hosted by two great blogs, Alison of Alison Can Read and Rachel of Parajunkee. Each host will have their own feature blog, but anybody can post!

How does it work?
  • Leave your name on the post.
  • Create a post on your own blog that links back to the post (just grab the FF button) visit as many blogs as you can and tell them hello! In their comments.
  • Be sure to follow them and if someone follows you follow back!!!
Ok so it had been a while since I have done a Follow Friday, and I kind of miss it. been stalking to topics lately to see if there is anything worth actually typing up a post about and this week is it!!!! 

This week’s topic is: What hyped up book do you think was not worth all the talk?

So I'm going to talk about a couple books right now. 

First book is Divergent by Veronica Roth. For me I just didn’t connect with this book. I know a lot of people loved this book and its big talk all around, but for me its just, eh. I liked the world building and concept but the characters were just annoying and the romance wasn’t believable. It just wasn’t for me. now maybe I didn’t read it during the time it was super popular and such, I just read it this year, but shouldn’t a good book be amazing at any time? 
Pretty much sums up my feelings of Divergent
And my next book… I have so many mixed feelings about this book. When I first read The Fifty Shades Of Grey series by E.L. James, I enjoyed it a lot. It came at a time where I was needed those explicit parts in a book and I never knew books like this were out there. and for me that made me over look all the other problems people see (bad line, bad writing, just eh) but now, I'm just fricking over this book!!! Seriously! I'm sick and tired of all my other favorite reads being compared to fifty when they are nothing like it (although it does make me happy that this is paving the way for some great books to get picked up and that makes me beyond happy) but just because the book has a sex scene in it doesn’t mean its like the damn fifty books. I'm over the hype, I'm over the books and I want to see what else E.L. James can do, like an original novel for example.

So those are my picks and I would LOVE to discuss anything with you guys!! Just hit me up on the twitter!! It’s feeling like a kind of twitter day!

Comments

  1. Gah! I love Divergent! This is definitely one of my favourite books this year! I haven't read 50 shades yet, and I normally don't just not read a book because of the hype, but I kinda just wish this would go away! ;)
    Stopping through with my My FF!
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed both these books. I agree that there are TONS of other smexy books so Fifty Shades is a bit over hyped even though I liked it. I mean hot sex scenes are not new in books lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHATEVER DIVERGENT IS AMAZING AND WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS NOW. *shuns*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here. I just couldn't connect with characters. I liked the action and plot though (even if it is predictable). New Follower.

    Sydney @ Starry Storm

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree with you. I really liked Fifty Shades but I feel like the hype for it is a little overboard. Old follower :)
    My FF: World of Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, to be honest, I didn't find Divergent all that intriguing either. I think the main reason was that I had read "Matched" first, and I found Divergent pretty much like a copy of Matched, so I couldn't really like it all that much.
    And then, Fifty... I'm not ever going to read that one. :)

    Happy Friday!

    Here's my Follow Friday post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really did enjoy Divergent but I will admit that it is overhyped. It was good, but I didn't think it was super spectacular. *shrugs* Who can understand the reasons why books get overhyped seemingly at random?

    New GFC follower :]
    p.s. I love you blog layout, very cute!

    Kaitlin @ Read. Write. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVED Divergent- but haven't ever read Fifty Shades (and am not planning on it!) New GFC Follower! Happy Friday!
    My FF
    ~Caitlin :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute blog. I love it. Following you from the feature and follow blog hop. Check out my blog at http://www.melinathereader.com.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read Divergent yet. It was getting somewhat mixed reviews from some of my most trusted and I didn't want to hate it so I just haven't read it.

    My follow friday! PLease visit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. new follower through GFC as lucyatmax/no pic....Please visit/follow me at bethartfromtheheart.blogspot.com...Haven't read fsog and do not intend to at this point.
    nice meeting you through FF...have a great week end!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  12. the hunger games, liesl and po and wake by lisa mcmann

    ReplyDelete
  13. New follower here!
    I love your header, so cute!

    I actually loved Divergent... and it was one of the first love stories in a YA novel that had any affect on me. I'd love a link to your review!

    I have no desire to read 50 Shades though, it just sounds awful all around XD

    http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2012/09/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!