30 Days of Daemon: Favorite Moments

So today I get to be the stop on the 30 days of Daemon!!! AHHHH you know I'm so excited for this AND I have one of the best post possible!!! I get to tell you all my favorite Daemon moments!!! Seriously! It's not like I don’t do that with EVERYONE I talk to!!!! AHHHH!!! It’s so amazing! Seriously! So I'm going to go all fangirl for a while! And I know you will all enjoy it!!! So lets get started shall we!!! I don't think I posted any spoilers, but there might be some moments you don't want to know about yet, so this is your warning!

Daemon is your hot, not the boy next-door, typical smart ass alien. There is just something about him that makes all the girls crazy!
Deadly and sweet—that was what daemon was; two very different kinds of souls rested in him, fused together. Onyx ARC p. 419
That lovely little bit is from Onyx (oh yea everyone, I read it and will be including tidbits from that book as well) and man! It’s such a perfect description of Daemon!! So since I will be doing BOTH books here, ill separate them! So first up are my favorite moments from Obsidian.

by Jennifer L. Armentrout
*pg numbers from the mass market paperback edition*


Calling Katy Kitten
I can go on for days and days about how I love his nickname for Katy. I just love it every time! (if you clck on the photo, you will be taken to a magical place where amazing fans created some SEXY Hey Kitten photos!)

“You’re kind of dirty, Kitten” p. 29

Bonus points
I love this whole him earning bonus points. It’s the start of us seeing his softer side. I would love the chance to let daemon earn bonus points!

“It was a last minute thing.” He uncrossed his ankles and one foot started to tap an unheard rhythm. “And the only way she’ll tell me where the keys are hidden is by me earning bonus points. See, my sister has this thing about bonus points, ever since elementary school.”
I started to smile. ”Okay…?”
“I have to earn bonus points to get my keys back,” he explained. “The only way I can earn those points is by doing something nice for you.”
I bused out laughing again. The look on his face was awesome. “I'm sorry, but this is kinda of funny.”
“I'm supposed to take you swimming tomorrow. If you do that, then shell tell me where my keys are hidden—and I have to be nice.” p. 38-39

His pen poking
You all know you wish some hot alien hottie would take an interest in you and just piss you off and poke you with a pen during class! Oh major swoon!! And a super secret from Onyx, there was a day he didn’t poke her!!! OMG!!! Total shocker I know!!!!

I hastily averted my eyes to my notebook, but I still knew he’d taken the set directly behind me. The entire length of my back tingled. A second later, I felt something poke me in my back. Biting down on my lip, I glanced over my shoulder.
His smile was lopsided. “How’s the arm, Kittycat?”
Excitement and dread warned inside me. Did he write on my back? I wouldn’t be surprised if he had. I felt my cheeks redden at the sparkle in his green eyes. p. 117

The question scene at the lake
This is my ABSOLUTE favorite part of this whole series, even more than the laptop scene, even more than his POV waking up next to her feeling her up, even more than all the stuff that happens in Onyx. This one scene is pretty much my favorite scene out of any book I have ever read. I could REALLY use this scene from Daemons POV!! Oh god that would just kill me!

“So, you guys are like us in other, uh, departments?”
Daemon sat up, scrunching a brown. “Come again?”
I felt my cheeks flush. “You know, like sex? I mean, you guys are all glowly and stuff. I don’t see how certain stuff would work.”
Daemons lips curled into a half smile, and that was the only warning he gave. Moving unbelievably fast, I was on my back and he was above me in a flash. “Are you asking if I'm attracted to human girls?” He asked. Dark, wet waves of hair feel forward. Tiny droplets of water fell off the ends, splashing against my cheeks. “Or are you asking if I'm attracted to you?”
Using his hands, he lowered himself slowly. There wasn’t an inch of space between our bodies. Air fled my lungs at the contact of his body against mine. He was male and ripped in all the places I was soft. Being this close to him was startling, causing an array of sensations to zing though me. I shivered. Not from the cold, but from how warm and wonderful he felt. I could feel every breath he took, and when he shifted his hips, my eyes went wide and I gasped.
Oh yea, certain stuff was definitely working.  p. 188-89

His love for his family
Daemons ability and his capability of love for his family is something that we all want to see in others, and Daemons just makes you swoon!! PLEASE! Read Shadows, because you really see it there!!

I said the first thing that came to mind. Probably not the smartest, and normally I wasn’t the type of person to fire right back, but this guy got under my skin and made me see red. “And I don’t give two shits what you like.”
One second he was standing next to Dee and the next he was right in front of me. And I mean, right in front of me. He couldn’t have moved that fast. It was impossible. But there he was, towering over me and staring down.
“How…how did you move…?” I took a step back, words failing me. The intensity in his eyes sent shivers down my arms. Holy crap
“Listen closely,” he said, taking a step forward. I took one back, and he matched my steps until my back bit into one of the tall trees. Daemon bent his head down, his unnatural green eyes taking up my whole world. Heat rolled off his body. “I'm only going to tell you this one. If anything happens to my sister, so help me—“ he stopped, taking a deep breath as his gaze dropped to my parted lips.  My breath caught. Something flickered in his eyes, but they narrowed again, hiding whatever had been there. 
The images were back. The two of us. Hot and sweaty. I bit my lip and tired to make my expression blank, but yet again I knew he could tell what I was thinking when his expression turned annoyingly smug. Beyond annoying.
“You’re kind of dirty, Kitten.” p. 29

Daemon’s moments of pure swoonworthy amazingness
We all love daemon for being cocky, confident and totally sexy. But what makes us fall hard for him is the moments between the hard shell where he downs us the soft chewy center.

“I’ve always found that the most beautiful people, truly beautiful inside and out, are the ones who are quietly unaware of their effect.” His eyes searched mine, intently, and for a moment we stood there toe to toe. “The ones who throw their beauty around, waste what they have? Their beauty is only passing. Its just a shell hiding nothing but shadows and emptiness.” p. 66

Daemon turned his head towards me. Our eyes locked. There was so much regret in that one look. His face faded out, blurred and unrecognizable. He couldn’t hold his human form. Seconds later, and he was in his true form. The shape of a man encased in the most beautifully intense light.
One arm extended out towards me, forming fingers. Heart breaking, I reached out and my fingers disappeared in his light. Warmth encircled my fingers, the slightest pressure of daemons hand wrapping around me. He squeezed, as if to reassure me, and a sob caught in my throat. p. 319

I watched as daemon lowered his head. He rested his forehead against mine. His form faded out and he slipped into his true body. My eyes fluttered shut against the intensity of his light. The heat was almost too much.  I was too close to it.
Hold on. Don’t let go. His voice came though. Just hold on. p. 321


            What am I doing? If they find out what I’ve done but I cant lose her. I cant. 


Please. Please. I can’t lose you. Please open you eyes. Please don’t leave me. p. 322

 
Daemon's POV from Obsidian

But it was for the better. It was. She could hate me—she should hate me. Then shed stay away from us. I’d warn Dee. And that was that. It could be any other way, because that girl was trouble. Trouble wrapped up in a tiny package, complete with a freaking bow.
And worse yet, she was just the kind of trouble I liked. p . 9

Most of all, I wanted to go back and change the way I acted towards her. Because now, as she shuddered on the damp ground, as death loomed over us all, I was willing to acknowledge I never wanted to push her away. As selfish as it was, I was glad she moved here. It was too late for use, but I cared for her… more than I should, but I did.
Too late to tell her how I felt, to touch her, to just hold her, to make up for every terrible thing id done and said. It was too late for me. p. 18


by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Expected publication: August 14, 2012 by Entangled Teen
*all quotes are from the uncorrected ARC*

Daemon turning up his charms
So what I can tell you about Onyx without getting killed by either Jen or Liz for being to spoilie, is that the Daemon we knew in Obsidian is gone, replaced by SUPERDAEMON! It’s the same Daemon we know and love, but with the volume turned up to eleven!

“Resistance if futile, Kitten.”
“So is your charm.” p. 2

Daemon laughed. “I'm only at the service of one person in particular.”
My cheek flamed as I scooted my chair over. “You are not servicing me in any way.” p. 4

“Cookie?” he offered, holding a cookie full of chocolate chips.
Upset tummy or not, there was no way I could refuse that.
“Sure”
His lips tipped up on side and he leaned toward me, his mouth inches from mine. “Come and get it.” come and get …? Daemon placed half the cookie between those full, totally kissable lips
Oh, holy alien babies everywhere… p. 6


“It’s actually, ‘I howl and I whine, I'm after you.’ And not blah or whatever.”
Startled by the deep voice, I shrieked and whipped around.
My foot slipped on a section of well-cleaned wood and my butt smacked on the floor.
“Holy crap,” I gasped, clutching my chest. “I think I'm having a heart attack.”
“And I think you broke your butt.” Laughter filled daemons voice.
I remained sprawled across the narrow hallway, trying to catch my breath. “What the hell? Do you just walk into peoples houses?”
“And listen to girls absolutely destroy a song in a matter of seconds? Well, yes, I make a habit out of it. Actually, I knocked several times, but I heard your… singing, and your door was unlocked.” He shrugged.” So I just let myself in.”
“I can see that.” I stood, wincing. “Oh, man, maybe I did break my butt.”
“I hope not. I'm kind of partial to your butt.” He flashed a smile. “Your face is pretty red. You sure you didn’t smack that on the way down?”
I groaned. ”I hate you.” p. 99

Daemon being totally swoonworthy
Daemon is still TOTALLY swoonworthy in Onyx, even more so I think!

“Because I know.” Daemon appeared in front of me, eyes narrowed. He thumped his hand off his chest, directly above his heart. ”Because I know what I feel in here. And I'm not the type of person to run from anything, no matter how hard it is. Id rather face-plant against a brick wall than live for the rest of my life wondering what could’ve been. And you know what? I don’t think you were the type to run either. Maybe I was wrong.” Stunned, I pulled my hands out and brushed my hair back.  p. 154
 *ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS!!! This is like the best thing EVER*

Daemon being totally cocky and confident!!!
Again, still the same sexy alien we all love, with turned up a few notches!

“You said I could stay.” He faced me, his gaze drifting to the bed. The room suddenly seemed to small, the bed even smaller.
“I didn’t think you meant staying on the couch.” Now I wasn’t even sure what id meant. I sighed. What was I doing?
Crossing the room, he stopped in front of me. “I'm not going to bite.”
“That’s good”
“Unless you want me to,” he added with a devilish grin.
“Nice,” I muttered, side-stepping him. Space was defiantly needed. Not that it did much good, heart pounding, I watched him kick off his shoes and then whip of his shirt. He moved to the button of his jeans. My eyes widened. “What—what are you doing?”
“Getting ready for bed.”
“But you’re getting naked?”
He arched his brow. “I do have boxers on. What? Do you expect me to sleep in my jeans?”
“You did last time.” I felt the need to fan myself.

Daemon laughed. “Actually, I had pajama bottoms on.” and he had a shirt on, but who was keeping track? I could’ve told him to leave, but I turned away, pretending to be engrossed with a book on my desk. Chills shot straight to my core when I heard the bed groan under his weight. Taking a shallow breath, I turned around.  He was in bed, arms folded behind his head, an innocent look on his face. “This was a bad idea,” I whispered.
“It was probably the smartest idea you’ve ever had.” I rubbed my palms on my hips. “It’s going to take a lot more than thanksgiving dinner and a Christmas tree to get laid.”
“Damn. There goes my whole plan.” p. 169-170

“Kitten,” he said again, voice strained. ”You don’t get to do that and then stop. That’s now it works.” I started at him, my breath stalling in my lungs.
“Not when you’re mine.” Daemon backed us up and slid down the wall, pulling me onto his lap so I was straddling him.
“And you’re mine.” p. 336

This… this was more than okay. And it took me several tried to speak, because my throat was burning with emotion. “I think I might love you.”
Daemons arm tightened around me as he kissed my flushed cheek. “Told you.”
Not what I expected as a response.  p. 319

His love for bloggers and readers
We all know we love him for loving Katys blog in Obsidian, and in Onyx he goes a few steps further! I swear Jen, I want to see that IMM video!!!!

“I think reading is sexy.” Daemon smiled at himself.
My brows inched up my forehead. ”Do you now?”
“Oh, yes, and you know what else I think is sexy?” he leaned forward so his entire face filled the picture and nodded his head toward me. “Bloggers like this. Hot.” Rolling my eyes, I smacked his arm. p. 287

“What are we going to do kitten?”
My toes curled at the deep octave of his voice. ”I don’t know.”
“I have a few ideas.”
I cracked a grin. “I'm sure you do.”
“Wanna hear about them? Although, I'm much better at the show part rather than the tell.”
“Somehow, I believe you.”
“If you didn’t, I could always give you a teaser.” He paused, and I could hear the smile in his voice. “You bookish people love teasers, don’t you?” p. 340

So I hope you all enjoyed my favorite moments from the book. Well the ones that I could share without typing the whole book, because who are we kidding, THE ENTIRE SERIES include my favorite Daemon moments. But these are the ones that stood out to me!!!

So tell me, what are your favorite Daemon moments and which ones did I miss!?! I would love to hear them!

And check out the rest of the tour, it's AMAZING!


Check out the 30 Days of Daemon Tour for exclusive material, interviews, Onyx tears and giveaways, and tons of Daemon. 

Tour is being hosted by Entangled. 
May 15:
Mundie Moms – Launch post + giveaway
May 16: 
Pure Imagination – Dear Daemon post
Stuck in YA Books – Dear Daemon post 
May 17: 
Two Chicks On Books – Obsidian scene from Daemon’s POV
Book Kitty Blog – Obsidian Dream Cast 
May 18: 
Tater’s Tall Tails – Favourite Daemon Moments/Quotes
Book Loving Mom – Love Letter to Daemon 
May 19: 
Fiktshun – Daemon Interview
The Reading Geek – Music that reminds me of Daemon 
May 20: 
Basia’s Bookshelf – Dear Daemon post
J.A Belfield’s Blog – How To Tell You’re Dating An Alien 
Geek Girl’s Blog – Obsidian Review
May 21: 
Eleusinian Mysteries – Couples Questions post 1
Fairytale Nerd – Favourite Daemon Moments/Quotes 
May 22: 
Avery’s Book Nook – Couples Questions post 2
Miss Vain’s Paranormal Fantasy – Love Letter to Daemon 
May 23: 
Books Complete Me – Couples Questions post 3
Audacious Reader – Favourite Daemon Moments/Quotes 
May 24: 
The Irish Banana – Couples Questions post 4
Crazed Bookie – Favourite Daemon Moments/Quotes 
May 25: 
Chapter by Chapter – Dear Daemon Post
Winterhaven Books – Music that reminds me of Daemon 
May 26: 
Novel Addiction – Dear Daemon
Nick’s Book Blog – Reasons Why I Love Daemon 
May 27: 
Refracted Light Reviews – Interview with Dee and Katy on Daemon
Fictional Distraction – Favourite Daemon Moments/Quotes 
May 28: 
YA-Sisterhood – Three Truths and a Lie with Daemon Black
Fable Faerie – Love Letter to Daemon 
May 29: 
The Book Goddess – Review of Obsidian
Electrifying Reviews – Onyx Teaser 
May 30: 
Goldilox and the Three Weres – Favourite Daemon Moments/Quotes
A Tale of Many Reviews – Dear Daemon Post 
Collections – Aliens in TV/Movies
May 31: 
Books Over Boys – Reverse Interview with Daemon Black
Nicole’s YA Haven – Dear Daemon Post 
June 1: 
Kindle and Me – Reasons Why I Love Daemon Black
The Lady Critic’s Library – Reasons Why I Love Daemon Black 
June 2: 
A Life Bound By Books – Top 5 with Daemon
Paper Cuts – Favourite Daemon Moments/Quotes 
June 3: 
Hooked to Books – Dear Daemon Post
Putting Pen to Page – Obsidian Review + Favourite Daemon Moments/Quotes 
June 4: 
Nightmares Dreams and Summer – Favourite Daemon Moments/Quotes
Stuck in Books – Interview with Daemon and Seth from the Covenant Series 
June 5: 
Book Passion For Life – Onyx Teaser
Juliana Haygert – Reasons to Love Daemon 
June 6: 
Zoey’s Uncreatively Titled Blog – Dear Daemon Post
The Book Sisterhood – Obsidian Review 
June 7: 
Narratively Speaking – Dear Daemon Post
Creative Reads – Daemon Profile 
June 8: 
Planet Print – Onyx Teaser
Nicole’s Library – Obsidian Review 
Firestar Books – Music than Reminds Me of Daemon
June 9: 
We All Make Mistakes – Daemon Profile
K-Books – Favourite Daemon Moments/Quotes 
June 10: 
Realm of Fiction – Dear Daemon Post
Books to Brighten Your Mood – Favourite Daemon Moments/Quotes 
June 11: 
Romancing the Book – Onyx Teaser
Follow the Melody – Obsidian Review + Favourite Daemon Moments/Quotes 
June 12: 
Love of Books – Dear Daemon Post
D For Darla’s Definite Reads – Favourite Daemon Moments/Quotes 
June 13: 
Once Upon a Twilight – Onyx Giveaway

Comments

  1. LOL. As I was reading I was so thinking "I wish some hottie like him would poke me with his pen." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I love them all, aan I would have addea "Calling Blake all those names" on the list. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous posting I am soo envious you read Onyx. I am hanging for it!

    I loved the Pen Poking!! Don't we all want some gorgeous guy to piss us off and pen poke us...hehe!!!

    Brilliant post! You had a lot of fun with it!!

    MIchelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME, HAWT, LOVE IT!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the best post ever!!!!! If I could read all of Obsidian again from Daemon's POV I would do it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! Daemon's beauty quote was my favorite line in Obsidian! I even put it in my scrapbook for psychology class project, I love it that much!
    Thanks for the incredible Onyx teasers and sharing beautiful pictures throughout!
    New follower! <3 Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where did you get the walking up with Katy scene from Daemon's POV?! I'm so jealous I need to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these were brilliant Daemon moments. Loved them all of course but I really want to know where you read the Daemon's pov of them waking up together in chapter 25 . . .please tell :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. AW! And it's really hot. I really like him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Were some of those from Onyx?
    Cause i can't remember two of them!
    Going to re-read Obsidian NOW
    haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy Mary, mother of baby Jesus. *sniffle* I think you just ripped half of my heart out and left the rest bleed with a need- no, a supernatural addiction for more. *whimper* All of those scenes are absolutely AMAZING (even though they caused me an extreme case of pain and heartbreak over the seemingly endless wait for onyx). P.S.- This is my first blog comment ever! I just introduced myself to the world of book blogging! P.P.S.- Go team Daemon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!