Waiting On Wednesday (29): Unchained

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you have a chance to let other know what you can’t wait to claim as your own. 


by J. Lynn
Expected publication: October 16th 2012 by Entangled Select

Between the pissed off creatures that want demon-hunter Lily Marks dead and the fallen angel who just… wants her, Lily is about ready to trade in forever for a comfy job in a cubicle farm. 


Mortal enemies, the fact that Lily and Julian are civil to one another is enough to have her thrown out of the Sanctuary. Even she can build a laundry list of why getting close to him is career suicide, but she can’t shake her not-so angelic stalker or how he brings her dangerously close to ecstasy. 


As if Lily already didn’t have enough problems, the hits just keep coming. Blindsided when a traitor is discovered working from within the Sanctuary, Lily is shocked to find he's determined to get her kicked out. Her relationship with Julian provides the perfect fuel for suspicion, and she quickly finds herself being hunted by well, everyone. Her only hope is to discover the real traitor before she loses everything—and she'll need Julian's help. That is, if Julian is really there to help her … or destroy her. 


Yeah, being a Nephilim isn’t everything it’s cracked up to be.

Why I need this: For those who don’t know, J. Lynn is J. Armentrout, it’s her pen name! And what else you might not know, is that this is gonna be for adults!! You know what that means: STEAM! And you all know how much I love some STEAM in my books. You also know how much I love JLA!! So the two together is Tater’s dream come true!!!! SERIOUSLY!!! And it’s about angels. For some reason, I all over angels right now. Maybe it’s because of how sexy Sweet Evil was!!! I'm feeling the whole sexy angel thing right now. So yea, I pretty much need this like I need new lungs right now (yes I'm still fighting the evil sickness!!! The things coming out of my lungs makes me believe in the supernatural so much more!! It’s just not natural!!!) 
And a special treat, Jennifer shared a teaser and a smexy photo from Unchained on her blog!!!


She flicked a fry into her mouth and then froze. The feeling snaking down her spine was undeniable. He came so close, so fast, that she knew it was him.

“Damn it,” she muttered. Solitude and the actual ability to eat her food in peace couldn’t even be gained on a damn clock tower without interruption.

Ignoring him would be pointless endeavor. The sensation grew as Lily peered onto the observation deck below, and like every time before, the mere sight of him stole her ability to form an intelligent thought. Having a name Lily couldn’t even begin to pronounce or spell, she’d always known him as Julian.

And when he wasn’t around, she knew him as the pain in her ass.

“Hello, my Lily.”

She closed her eyes. Damn his voice to Hell and back. The sound, the deep timbre of the way he’d said her name, crawled all the way down to the pit of her stomach, where it started to smolder.

Lily pried one eye open.

Julian’s lips formed a smile. A full bottom lip and a thinner one on top curved in a way that was downright sinful. Those lips whispered promised pleasures, and they also carried an intensely real threat.

She needed to remember that.

Her wry gaze flickered over his face, and she bit back a sigh. She knew he was bad. Oh, he was so bad that half the demons feared him. And the other half? They wanted to be him. That knowledge did nothing to dampen her appreciation of his beauty. Male or female—both were in awe of Julian.

After all, Julian had been an angel.

Tonight, he wore black trousers and a buttoned down white shirt. He must have grown bored with the buttons, though. Only half of them were done, and hard, pale flesh peeked through.

She found an ounce of common sense along with her voice. “What do you want?”

His smile widened. “Isn’t that a loaded question?”

She rolled her eyes, taking a bite of her burger. “I’m on lunch break. So if you expect me to chase you off, you’re mistaken.”

Julian inched closer, the soft breeze tugging at his shoulder length blond hair. “What kind of Nephilim doesn’t chase a fallen angel?”

“A hungry one,” she retorted.

You can preorder it from one of the many amazing online vendors! The end of this year is going to be JLA/JL CRAZYNESS!!!

What are you waiting for?

Comments

  1. Yeah... Saw this on JLA's blog. Great pick! :D

    Drop by my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that teaser is pretty hot! I love the writing style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser. I love Lily's pose on the cover.

    Look at My Wow if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved that teaser ! I really like the cover of this book. I hope it's as awesome as JL Armentrout's YA books !

    Great pick! :)

    My WoW
    http://nicksbookblog93.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-20-small-damages.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at sexy fallen angel, i've been looking for a series to fill the gap after strange angel ended and I think this one fits the bill nicely, thanks for sharing. My WOW .. http://sonythebooklover.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-59/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really good! I'll definitely have to add it to my list :)

    I just followed your blog, as well.

    Here's my W.O.W: http://tinyurl.com/7axjm4o

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to get hold of this book! loved the teaser..

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-30th-may.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, the one she just wrote as J. Lynn was good so this is going on my list. Great pick, it was a new one for me!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOo, might have to veer into the land of adult books to check this one out. I do love JLA's YA books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm dying for this one too! I love anything written by JLA!! Julian sounds yummy already, right? I read adult novels, but I don't review them but I think I will for JLA!! Wonderful pick <3

    Love you blog, btw! Am new follower :)

    Jessirae @ Words, Pages, and Books
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, I didn't know J. Lynn was J. Armentrout! Now I am so looking forward to this book. The cover reminds me a little of Wings of the Wicked's cover though. Or is it just me? Great pick :)

    Check out our WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've already pre-ordered this. AND I'm on the ARC list! *happy dance*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Triple T! Great pick and a BIG HELLS YEAH! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh man. This looks awesome. Great pick. I like the cover and blurb for it. New follower. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice pick! I read about this on Jennifer Armentrout's blog--and ANYTHING by her is sure to be fantastic!

    Here’s my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy! your pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the teaser, thanks for sharing! This book was already on my wishlist :D

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. ohhhhh this definitely looks like a good one!!! I'll have to add it to my TBR, thanks for sharing :D

    Anna @ Literary Exploration
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the sounds of this! Will give it a shot :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    The Muggle
    Giveaways and Kindle Deals

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow! I wouldn't have known that this is by Armentrout, and now I really want to read it! Thank you so much for the heads-up. I love some good STEAM in my books, too ;-)

    I love your blog, BTW! :-) I'll stop by again soon!

    My WoW: http://www.blookgirl.com/book-blog/waiting-on-wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my... thanks for the teaser! It was nice not to have to go anywhere :) This one is on my list ~ I'm going to have to check out Onyx, too! So many authors, so little time...

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  22. ooh demon hunters and angels sounds yummy! Adding to my list! Here is My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love STEAM! LOL I sadly haven't read any of her books, YA or adult. I hear such great things and do plan to once I finally get a chance. All of them sounds awesome. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This looks so good! I want to read this!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!