Waiting on Wednesday (28): Dangerous Boy

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you have a chance to let other know what you can’t wait to claim as your own. 

by Mandy Hubbard
Expected publication: August 30th 2012 by Razorbill

A modern-day retelling of The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde with a chilling twist.

Harper has never been worried about falling in love, something she is skeptical even exists. But everything changes when Logan moves to town, and to Harper's shock, the two tumble into an intense romance. It's everything she never thought she wanted.

Then she meets Logan's twin brother, Caleb, who was expelled from his last school. True, he's a bad boy, but Harper can't shake the feeling that there's something deeply sinister about him--something dangerous. When Logan starts pulling away, Harper is convinced that Caleb's shadowy past is the wedge being driven between them. But by the time she uncovers the truth, it may be too late.

The author of Prada & Prejudice, You Wish, and Ripple delivers a modern-day retelling of a famously gothic tale, full of suspense, lies, and romance.

Why I need this: I have her other book, Ripple (which is another book with an AMAZING cover). But I haven’t read it yet. However this book just sounds so AMAZING!! And I'm totally in love with the cover. Hot twins, intense romance, and a retelling of a crazy amazing story?!?! A total winner for me!

Comments

  1. OMG I LOVE PRADA AND PREJUDICE!!!! I'll be looking out for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well; I am sold on this book lol
    & on a completely unrelated note - you just sold me on the book you are currently reading also. I saw the dude in uniform and that was it for me lol

    See my Waiting on Wednesday Here
    Tabby @Insightful Minds & IM Design Studio

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm literally starting this book as we speak. I'll let you know how it goes. I haven't read Ripple but I heard that was good. This book sounds kind of like Vampire Diaries to me! LOL The girl is in love with the good sweet brother but is also drawn to the dangerous one. Should be interesting.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly, this is my first time to your blog, and it is absolutely ADORABLE. I'm loving it (in a non McDonalds way)

    Secondly, I am super ashamed to admit that I have never read Jekyll & Hyde, though that is going to have to change super soon since I am assistant directing an off-Broadway adaptation of it this summer. So I will read that, and then I will read this. =)

    Thanks for the pick! Happy WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this one around but have never taken the time to read the synopsis---I didn't realize it was a retelling! I'm a bit of a sucker for those, so I'll definitely be checking this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A retelling of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde? I want this book now!~ I've read Ripple and I loved it. Great pick :)

    Check out our WoW picks for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cover is nice and a retelling of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde? I'm in! :D

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-13-adrienne-stoltz.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know right?! This one just sounds so tempting. Great pick! :D

    Fara @ Tumbling In Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds good. Great pick. I'm missing your Daemon teasers :)

    Ellen @ Always YA at Heart – Here’s my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is on my TBR list too!I can't wait for it to come out!

    Here’s my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh! A modern day retelling of Dr. Jekyll and MR. Hyde sounds wonderful! Would love to read this one!

    Read my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like an exciting pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds interesting. Hope that it's released in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This does sound crazy awesome!!! I'll have to check it out, I love the idea of a modern day Jekyl and Hyde!!! SO AWESOME! :D

    Anna @ Literary Exploration
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping over at my blog for Wishlist Wednesday! New follower here :) You have also sold me on this book. Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have not heard of this one at all!
    Great find.
    Here is my Wow

    ReplyDelete
  17. *high five back atcha*

    I kept hearing someone else with impeccable taste had this picked! ;) Don't you just love it? I can't wait for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is the first time I'm hearing about this one, and I agree, it sounds amazing! Another retelling of this one is long overdue, can't wait to hear more about it! Great pick this week, Tara :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!