Teaser Tuesday (26): In Honor


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can tease others. 


Here’s how: 
  • Step 1: Grab your current read. 
  • Step 2: Open to a random page. 
  • Step 3: Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page. Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others. 
  • Step 4: Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles!
And that’s now you make a successful tease (as far as a book goes). 

by Jessi Kirby
So, while Lilah got sunscreen rubbed onto her back, I swam. My favorite moment was always the one when I reached the bumpy bottom of the pool, where the only sound was the crackling of the turquoise water all around me. It was well worth the tangle hair and smudge mascara. ~ ARC p. 66
I mean holy hell!! This book it just FILLED with moments like this. Where you are transported to into the pages and taken away. I can feel the bumpy bottom of a poll and it sticking to my swimsuit. I mean gosh! It’s just amazing!

Ok and now a FANTASTIC one that just makes me giggle. And really it shows the amazing range of emotions that are hit with her writing. I go though ALL of them. I start to cry just to crack up in a few pages!

I opened one eye and turned my head just in time to Rusty standing behind the driver’s door, pulling his jeans down. “What are you doing?” I sat up and looked around, like I shouldn’t be seeing him or like someone else might see me see him and know how instantly hot it made my cheeks. Rusty didn’t answer. 

“What are you doing? You are drunk. Gimme the keys.”

He finally got the one-foot out, then stood on it and pulled his jeans off the other leg. Then he bunched them up and threw them in the backseat, sat down behind the wheel so hard I bounced, and looked at me like I was the ridiculous one. “I'm not drunk. It’s hotter than shit, we got a ways to go, and I'm sweatin’ balls.” 
I didn’t really have a response for that. ~ ARC p. 111-112

I mean seriously!!! I was cracking up the whole time!!! I can say how much I love this book. That’s probably why I'm having a hard time writing a review for this. I mean ugh!! It’s just so amazing!!!

This book is out TODAY! So be sure to pick it up! Because it's just spectacular!!!

What will you tease me with?

Comments

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!