Teaser Tuesday (28): Of Poseidon


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can tease others. 

Here’s how: 
  • Step 1: Grab your current read. 
  • Step 2: Open to a random page. 
  • Step 3: Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page. Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others. 
  • Step 4: Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles! 
And that’s now you make a successful tease (as far as a book goes). 

So for today’s teaser, I have a special treat! This book I read a little bit ago but it was just fantastic!!! I really want to share it with you!! And its out TODAY people so go and pick up a copy!! And because this book is so amazing, I'm going to break the rules (I think I should just rewrite them because I have NEVER followed them!) and do two teasers. One shows the funny side of this book (not kidding, I was totally snort laughing though this book!) and the steamy side (oh baby! Galen, please come swim in my sea!!)

by Anna Banks
I am … embarrassed? No. Embarrassed is when you spill ketchup on your crotch and it leaves a red stain in a suspicious area. Mortified? No. Mortified is when you experiment with tanning lotion and forget to put some on your feet, so it looks like you're wearing socks with your flip-flops and sundress. Bewildered? Yup. That’s it. Bewildered that after I screamed at him—oh yes, now I remember I screamed at him – he picked up my limp body, carried me all the way to the office, and stayed with me until help arrive. Oh, and he held my hand and sat beside himself, too. ~ARC p. 63
And now for the steam...
“Should you sleep, though? Everything I read about head injuries said you shouldn’t go to sleep.” Even as he says this, he allows me to pull my legs closer, to nestle my shoulder into his armpit and scoot higher on his lap. He secures my new position with tight arms. The heat simmers between us and wraps around me link a winter coat. Snuggling up to a sculpted block of granite just should be this comfortable. ~ARC p. 88
Fantastic right?? Seriously, go pick up this book if you like steam and humor! You will be fanning yourself and laughing at the same time!

How will you tease me?

Comments

  1. Ah, I'm so jealous! I want this book now now now! Great teasers! Here's my TT
    Happy Teaser Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked both teasers! I am glad you broke the rules to share them! lol :)

    my Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous of Of Poseidon I can't wait to read it! I hope your enjoying it and here's my TT!

    http://www.paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/05/teaser-tuesday_22.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!