Waiting On Wednesday (40): Death and The Girl Next Door

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you have a chance to let other know what you can’t wait to claim as your own. 

by Darynda Jones 
Expected publication: October 2nd 2012 by St. Martin's Press

From the author of The New York Times bestselling series that began with First Grave on the Right—a thrilling Young Adult novel garnering high praise and early buzz from major authors. 

Ten years ago, Lorelei's parents disappeared without a trace. Raised by her grandparents and leaning on the support of her best friends, Lorelei is finally beginning to accept the fact that her parents are never coming home. For Lorelei, life goes on. 

High school is not quite as painful as she thinks it will be, and things are as normal as they can be. Until the day the school's designated loner, Cameron Lusk, begins to stalk her, turning up where she least expects it, standing outside her house in the dark, night after night. Things get even more complicated when a new guy—terrifying, tough, sexy Jared Kovach—comes to school. Cameron and Jared instantly despise each other and Lorelei seems to be the reason for their animosity. What does Jared know about her parents? Why does Cameron tell Jared he can't have Lorelei? And what will any of them do when Death comes knocking for real? 

Thrilling, sassy, sexy, and inventive, Darynda Jones's first foray into the world of teens will leave readers eager for the next installment.
Why I need this: So I have yet to read her other series, but I have had my eye on it for the longest time. I really don’t know why I haven’t gotten to it, it's all about death and fun!!! It's right up my alley!!! And this one I have had my eyes on for THE longest time also!! And I mean I can smell the love triangle but I kinda want it!!! Maybe I have been reading too many non-triangle romances lately (not that I mind) but I'm in the mood to have my heart torn in two between two super hot guys! Also this title just makes me giggle!!! It also helps to have some hotties on the cover!! Also this has some mystery in it that I just need!!!!

What are you waiting on?

Comments

  1. I'm waiting on this one as well! Love a good death and fun book lol I also love her adult series. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice! This books sounds sooooooo good! Kinda excited for this one.

    My WoW

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I have this one and can't wait to read it. Some of us are doing a read-along during August for First Grave on the Right, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heck yeah! I love Jones and cannot wait to see what she does in the YA genre. Awesome pick..My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great pick! I am eager to read this as well.

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-15th-august.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm getting an ARC for this!! WOOT WOOT! Can't wait to start this! Great pick! Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW post! 

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great choice :). I didn't know this book or the author but I just read the summary and it's sounds great !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeep! Death and The Girl Next Door!<3 I'm a huge fan of Darynda Jones and I can't wait to read this one! I love her writing style and all kind of books about Death and grim reapers, so this is right up my alley.

    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep seeing this book a lot. I haven't read any of her books yet, but I have them on my list :) Great pick.

    My WoW pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome choice! I am waiting on this, too =D

    Here's my WoW!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pick. I got this a few weeks ago, cant wait to start it. :)

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=3024

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like an interesting book but the summary doesn't sound that great. I'm not sure if I'll check it out.
    Thanks for sharing :)

    Greetings

    Here is my Wow: http://kimberleyjones17.blogspot.de/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-2-pods-by-michelle.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, this one sounds quite good! I've never heard of it before now. Thanks for putting it on my radar!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've heard so many good things about Darynda Jones writing that when I saw this I really wanted to read it too! Plus, I love the cover. Great pick! :)
    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoy! your choice.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks pretty fantastic. I can't wait to get my hands on it!!
    great pick!
    Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really hope you read Darynda's "Charley Davidson" series. It's soooo good! Love it! It's one of my favorites :-)

    I can't wait for this one too! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pick! This one actually sounds pretty good. I think I might just have to read it. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love Dar and her books! Can't wait for this one :)

    -J

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello cover!!!
    I likes!
    This book sounds really good!

    Great pick!!

    My WoW

    Magen Corrie

    ReplyDelete
  21. I agree. Sometimes a love triangle can be fun. Choosing teams lol. My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  22. Don't know this one but it is interesting. Nice pick.

    Here's my version of WoW

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!