Top Ten Tuesday (21): Books I Want Turned Into Movies

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Who doesn’t like to make lists?!?!?! They make life easy! And fun!!!! And it's always a never ending topic!!!!

Top Ten Books You'd Like To See Made Into A Movie


I feel like I'm always answering this question all the time (I just answered, what books make you nervous to be made into a movie for a Follow Friday, and you can read all about that HERE)!!! If you would have asked me years ago what books I wanted to be movies, I would have said EVERY BOOK I EVER READ!!! And now, I have become a bit greedier! I don’t want books into movies! I think sometimes it takes the magic out of it. I didn’t understand why people would be against books becoming movies, cuz I was like IT’S THE BEST THINGE EVER! I get to see what’s in my head on the big screen! And now I understand. Some books are so magical and events that occur in your life when you are a book just hit you. And when you have such a strong image of how the book is, you don’t want to see it interpreted by someone else. So I have gotten pickier about what books I want to see as movies!! And as you notice, I didn’t put my fav book of all time on there (Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire). As much as I would love for this book to explore (is already exploding, and doing amazing, CONGRATS Jamie) but I just don’t want it to be a movie, its just too near and dear to me!!!



Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout

I don’t think this needs an explanation. Seriously, it’s just amazing. If you don’t know about it, drop everything and read it! Then you will know why!



Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins 

I know this is already going to be made into a movie, but I'm just so excited for it!! I felt this was such an amazing book and so much goes on. I just cant wait to see how its going to play out and the whole well you know, I don’t want to spoil to much, but the Quarter Quell will just be amazing!!! Seriously! 

Sweet Evil by Windy Higgins
Ok so I just finished this book and I'm so in love with it!! I think it would just be such a fun ride and oh man Kaidan! Geez I want to see his sexy, lusty ass on a big screen!! Mmmm oh baby! Sorry, I'm getting distracted!



Everneath by Brodi Ashton

I have a thing about wanting to see the bad sexy boys in a big screen (ie Kaidan from Sweet Evil, Daemon from Lux series and now Cole from Everneath) I just would love the see this one come to life!



Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

I think that this movie would just be beyond AMAZING!! Seriously. This book is so original the writing so dynamic, that a movie would only complement this book! 

The Assassin Series by Toni Aleo
I don't know about you, but I haven't see too many hockey romance movies out there!! I know that I for one would be watching this OVER AND OVER!!! Oh damn, can you just imagine Lucas and Shea on the big screen! OMG I DIE!!! Mmmmmmmm I'm sorry, I'm off in dream land.  

Covenant Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Again, I seriously don’t think this needs and explanation!! This would just be an amazing movie!!! 



Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare

I love this series more than TMI and I just want to see this series be a move! I think its more complex and the characters more dynamic and god do I ever love a period movie!! Seriously, the costumes alone will be phenomenal! 



Paranormalicy Series by Kiersten White 

There is so much going on in these movies, it almost reminds me of Buffy, where it would just be a great paranormal movie and just fun!! 



So I cant wait to see what everyone else picks!! You think these books would make great movies? Did I miss something?

Comments

  1. Paranormalcy just barely missed making it onto my list. And I just got 'Obsidian' in the mail today. So I will finally be able to see why everybody is going crazy over that series. =D

    Great list. You can check mine out here! CLICKY HERE! =D if you would like. Hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to read Sweet Evil and Paranormalcy, but I completely agree with the rest of your list! I think they'd make for excellent movies :)

    Check out my Top Ten / Teaser Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would absolutely without a doubt watch anything classified as hockey + romance! :) Now I have to find this book series that for some reason I haven't read before!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catching Fire and Shatter Me are excellent picks! Shatter Me would be interesting... Great post, and I'm a new follower as well!

    I would love it if you could check out my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so with you on Shatter Me and the Inferno Devices books! I hope they do a good job with catching fire, I'm a little nervous about the changes of director I thought they did a good job with HG

    marissa
    http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course. Again with BD :D And eeeppp!!! Obsidian. Daemon*sigh*. Totally agree on Paranormalcy and Clockwork Prince too. Awesome list! :D

    Drop by my Top 10?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list!

    I actually think Everneath may be one of those books that might work better as a movie than a book - there's some really interesting imagery I'd like to see brought to life!

    And I really need to get to reading the Lux novels too!

    Tara @ Hey, Tara

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure the Lux series would look brilliant on the big screen!
    I agree that it's not always great to get books turned into movies. Sometimes they really ruin it...

    Here’s my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read most of the books on your list (though all of them I do want to! Especially the Lux series and Sweet Evil) but just from the premises of each one that I know, all could be some really interesting stories. As for Infernal Devices, I would LOVE to see who they would cast for Tess, Will and Jem...that could be quite fun. (and hot. haha)

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh Clockwork Prince... and Catching Fire... I'm literally the LAST person on this Earth that hasn't read them yet.
    Sucks.

    Ella
    My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would LOVE to see the infernal devices made into movies and you have a lot of great books on your list! LOVE your design too! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great list! I'd love to see Everneath on big screen, too. Mostly because of Cole. :P And I haven't read Beautiful Disaster, yet, but it sounds like something I'd really enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good choices! I am so with you esp on Sweet Evil and Everneath. I don't know if I might be disappointed though because I already picture Ian Somerhalder as Kaidan. *fanning myself* Such a hottie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!