Waiting On Wednesday (22): Trying To Score

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you have a chance to let other know what you can’t wait to claim as your own.

by Toni Aleo
Expected publication April 30th, 2012

Fallon Parker’s dream was to have her family’s wine company at the top of all wine magazines and to have a cellar of her own. After graduating from college, she has worked hard to make that dream a reality, even if that meant having a nonexistent love life. She had her chance at love and that was a bust, so she put everything into the wine company. After becoming the official sponsor of the Nashville Assassins, Fallon finally feels like everything is falling in place, that is until Lucas Brooks comes back into her life. 

Lucas Brooks hates his life. He is lonely, he is sober, and he is angry. On the ice, when he’s not in the sin bin, he the leading scorer in the NHL but off the ice, he is a mess. He threw away the most important person in his life, and has regretted it ever since but when Lucas sees Fallon again after being traded to the Assassins; he is bound and determined to get her back. Even if she wants nothing to do with him. 

The sexual tension between Fallon and Lucas is electrifying as Lucas tries to convince Fallon that he is a changed man. Fallon tries to resist Lucas, but it is so hard when all her body wants is his. But when Lucas finds out that Fallon has been keeping a huge secret from him, the game he is playing stops and penalties are called. 

With new rules and new players on the ice, will Fallon and Lucas be able to work out their differences and work as a team or will they be left trying to score alone. 
Why I need this: Oh so I kinda already read this baby and it was so incredible!!! But!!! I must tell everyone about this series!! Seriously it has totally taken over my brain!!! The first book Taking Shots is FANTASTIC! And this book is even better!!! Its Assassins week over at Insightful Minds and I felt it was fitting to just have more hockey love here! Because what’s even better is that Lucas was a Sharks player for a long time!!! And my boys are in the playoffs!!! GO SHARKS!!!! Can you tell I have hockey on the brain!! Seriously though people if you like your books to have steam and are a fan of the Thoughtless series, Beautiful Disaster, Fifty series, Abbi Glines books and any other books where you great to read about amazing characters falling in love and all the gooie parts in between you will HAVE to get your hands on these babies!!!
Sorry everyone, I'm just so excited for playoffs!!!! I'm just can't help myself!!!
ALSO!!!!!! EXCITING BREAKING NEWS!!! TONI RELEASED THE BOOK TODAY TO KICK OF THE START OF PLAYOFFS  (GO SHARKS, and preds too) SO GO GET IT NOW AND CHECK OUT MY REVIEW!!!!!


What are you waiting for?

Comments

  1. That sounds like a very interesting book and I'll have to add it to my list to keep an eye on. It's scary, y'know... So many books, so little time. I can never figure out how to sort through everything I want to read (plus have time to blog and write my own book) because there's just so much great stuff out there.

    Thanks for sharing this, though. It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First I've heard of this. Thanks for sharing.

    My WOW
    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm, two things:

    1. I just bought Taking Shots for my Nook after reading your review.

    2. OHEMGEEGOSHARKS!!

    That is all. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I'm only looking by the cover, I doubt I'll ever get the book. Now I'm rethinking it after reading this post. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehehehe, I might need to check it out after all you said about it LOL

    Stop by my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there :) just popping in...
    Not my style of book but, I will check it out because of your enthusiasm!

    Here is my choice...
    Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, now my usual type of book but you've certainly made it sound intriguing!

    (New Follower)
    ComaCalm's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww..sounds like a pretty good book! May have to look into it and add it to my wishlist :)
    You can see my WOW here to see what pre-publication book I'm 'dying' to read!
    http://paranormalfantasyaddict.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-6-black-dawn.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Sharks! I went to a game once. You have really peaked my interest with these books! they sound so hot!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Old follower hopping through. Trying to score. I think I only have read one Sports Contemporary Romance novel so far, which was pretty horrible, but this one sounds really good.. Argh.

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it when books are centred around a sport - I get to learn so many things that I didn't know, and then look like a genius in front of my friends when I spurt out facts and all in an entertaining book!

    This looks like a fun (and a little sexy) read. Thanks so much for sharing!

    My WoW
    Renae @ Rolling with the Moments

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't heard of this book but it sounds super good! And btw, that cover of Graceling is AWESOME!!

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahaha! You're crazy, you know. Your enthusiasm for this series makes me lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a good choice, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday_11.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to agree, this does sound like a book worth waiting for!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani (new Networked Blogs follower)
    http://paulettespapers.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not really much into sports book but this talk of sexual tension is making me curious *waggles eyebrows*

    Have an amazing reading week!

    Asher

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't heard of this one before - hmm. Love sports contemps. Love Abbi Glines and BD. I think I might just be interested in this series. *g* I'm definitely going to go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My team is waaaay out of the playoffs already (Go Canes! Losers...) but this book is new to me and I can't wait to read it. Love sports books!

    Waiting on Wednesday at Book Brats!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh neat this is totally new to me! I like the sounds of it! Different!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!