Follow Friday (15)



Follow Friday is a blog hop hosted by two great blogs, Alison of Alison Can Read and Rachel of Parajunkee. Each host will have their own feature blog, but anybody can post!



How does it work?

  • Leave your name on the post. 
  • Create a post on your own blog that links back to the post (just grab the FF button) visit as many blogs as you can and tell them hello! In their comments. 
  • Be sure to follow them and if someone follows you follow back!!!

Have you ever looked at book's cover and thought, This is going to horrible? But, was instead pleasantly surprised? Show us the cover and tell us about the book. 

Damn well you know I don’t always notice bad covers for book. Most of the time it's ooo that’s a pretty cover, damn that book sucked!!! I haven’t really though of the later. So I'll list some covers that weren’t to great but the books were AMAZING! 

by Simone Elkels 
Its not that it’s a bad cover, but it’s just average! Its sensual but could be more amazing! The book is fabulous though!!! And I see improvement with the covers to come!!! Esp Chain Reaction!!! Ugh I started this series because of that cover!!! 

Fifty Shades of Grey
by E.L. James 
This cover only takes on meaning after you read the book. Because this has become one of my favorite covers!! I love that damn tie!! But if you knew nothing about the book, the cover is kind of underwhelming. 

by Abbi Glines 
Now I love Abbi! She is one of the best authors I have read in a long time. And I first kind of avoided this book because the cover reminded me of the Lauren Conrad books and the sucker just seems too girly for me. But I'm so glad I ignored the cover and read the book because its SOOOOOO amazing!!! And the new cover for book 2 is just damn sexy!!!! 

Like I said, they are bad covers, but just underwhelming!! But damn some really great books!!! Esp fifty!!! Oh baby!!! 




So show me some bad covers on really great books! What do you think of my choices?

Comments

  1. Really good choices! I want to read Fifty Shades of Grey asap.

    New Follower -

    ~V

    ReplyDelete
  2. eeek.. I saw Perfect Chemistry once tonight and I still can't get over how cheesy it is! Great choices.

    My FF

    New GFC follower thanks to FF :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Choices. Wanna read Fifty Shade of Grey asap!

    New Follower -

    ~V

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read Perfect Chemistry!! The 50 Shades cover is interesting to me but kind of boring at the same time...mind boggling, right? New follower here! Your blog is so cute, I added your button to my blogroll :)
    My Friday Hops

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Agree on all! Fifty's make much more sense after you read. VBros is MUCH sexier! OH-I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, I agree to a point...that silver tie was VERY important...LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping through. The last two covers are definitely bad. It would make it hard for me to read them.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree on Fifty and Abbi's book! I didn't like that darn sucker but after I read it...well...*swoon*. How could you not love those boys?! As always Tara darling, wonderful picks! I still have yet to read Perfect Chemistry but I shall get around to it...in time.


    You can check out my Follow Friday here.

    [:

    ShawnaLeAnn
    Dreaming In The Pages Enter My Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you about Perfect Chemistry and the rest of the series. Not the worse but, definitely up there lol.

    Here is mine to check out:

    My Feature and Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  10. These covers are funny. :) I will never pick up these books, without a proper recommendation. :)

    A new follower! Here is my Feature & Follow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually like the Perfect Chemistry cover. lol I think it's cute but yes a little cheesy. I also think the covers are even better now! I read Fifty Shade when it first came out. Someone recommended it to me, I actually read through all those goodreads recommendations!, and I had no clue what it was about. I heard it was twilight fan fic so I kept waiting for Christian to be a vampire! LMAO But as I read I was like whoa not expecting that but wow so good! I was hooked! I kind of like the Vincent Boys cover too. It doesn't have much to do with the story though.
    Here'sMy FF

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, your the second person I've seen so far that's put this book up! New follower to the blog, here's mine http://kristyberridge.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with your choices.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/feature-follow_09.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Great post :)

    New follower :)

    Here's my FF

    My name is also Tara :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. I find the Perfect Chemistry cover so offputting. Ugh.

    Checkout my <a href="http://galavantinggirlscout.blogspot.com/2012/03/follow-friday-misleading-bad-covers.html>Follow Friday</a>

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome choices! I'm not in love with Perfect Chemistry cover either. Yes, the book is awesome, but the cover is not really my taste.

    Old follower via GFC! :)
    my follow friday

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yea, I agree they're all either cheesy or just weird (the Fifty Shades one). Since I haven't read that book, I don't get the tie thing, haha. Anyway, new follower.


    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  18. Due to Fifty Shades of Grey I will never look at another tie the same...and I think I like that. lol. Excellent book and series.

    ReplyDelete
  19. vincent boys sound super interesting! might have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!