Waiting on Wednesday (20): While He Was Away

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you have a chance to let other know what you can’t wait to claim as your own.

by Karen Schreck 
Expected publication: May 1st 2012 by Sourcebooks Fire

"This is just something I have to do, okay?" I hear David say. "The right thing."
He cradles my face in his hands. He kisses me hard. Then he lets go of me. His eyes dart from me to whatever's next. 
When Penna Weaver's boyfriend goes off to Iraq, she's left facing life without him. As summer sets in, Penna tries to distract herself with work and her art, but the not knowing is slowly driving her crazy. Especially when David stops writing. She knows in her heart he will come home- but will he be the same boy she fell in love with?

Why I need this: Ahhhhh I don’t know why but this book just sings to me!!!! It sounds like such a great read!!!! Ahhh I mean seriously!!!!! This cover is hot and pretty, I can just image what she does when he is gone and I wanna know!!!! I wanna know what she does!!!! Can their love survive? Will she find someone else?? Ahhhh I JUST NEED TO KNOW!!!! *Starts to sing* Cuz I need to know!!! I need to know tell me baby girl cuz I need to know!!!!
Photobucket
*Shakes hips* ooooooooooooo hell yes!!! Sorry I'm getting off topic as usual!! But yes I need this book!!!! 

What books make you want to sing??

Comments

  1. This does look temptingggg!!!! What DOES she do when he is away and stops writing....does she find another mannnnn or is just all lovey dovey and worried about her hot man?! I. MUST. KNOWWW! Great pick as always Tara, and I mean, what an amazing gif! I wish I could do that dance justice...
    ;]

    You can check out my Waiting on Wednesday pick here.

    [:
    :ShawnaLeAnn:
    Dreaming In The Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! This looks like one we must have! LOL! Love the "singing"!
    my wow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awh this one does sound really cuuuuute :) I love that cover!!! :D

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there :) just popping in... This book sounds like one of those sweet, romantic reads that pull at your insides and probably shed a little tear as well. definitely adding to my TBR pile!

    Here is my choice...
    Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Count me on on the MUST HAVE THIS BOOK RIGHT NOW list! :)

    && OMG IT'S THE CARLTON! I use to do that ALL the time hahaha. Greatest.Dance.Ever.

    Check out my Waiting on Wednesday Here

    Tabby
    Insightful Minds

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book really reminds me of 'Dear John'...even though I haven't read it! Looks really adorable- but sad maybe too!

    New follower :-)

    My WoW: http://pocketfulofbooksblogger.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/waiting-on-wednesday_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol. I totally love your enthusiasm on this book. Cause I want it SO BADLY TOO!!! This one sounds like The Cathastrophic History of You and Me. Haven't read that book though. That's why I said sounds like. But seriously! The cover is so gorgeous! *Dancing with you=D*

    Can you dance your way to my WoW post? ;)
    http://tumblinginbooks.blogspot.com/2012/03/waiting-on-pushing-limits-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. such gorgeous colors in that cover!

    Stop by my WOW post?!
    I have a few picks this week!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2012/03/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick! I've seen this one around. I definitely want to read it. Thsnks for sharing, Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha I love Carlton! This book does sound good! I hope their love can survive! I hope he is okay and returns to her. I love an HEA. Thanks for visiting My WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!