Follow Friday (17)

Follow Friday is a blog hop hosted by two great blogs, Alison of Alison Can Read and Rachel of Parajunkee. Each host will have their own feature blog, but anybody can post!

How does it work?
  • Leave your name on the post. 
  • Create a post on your own blog that links back to the post (just grab the FF button) visit as many blogs as you can and tell them hello! In their comments. 
  • Be sure to follow them and if someone follows you follow back!!!
What is the longest book you've read? What are your favorite 600+ page reads?

So this is totally not counting my textbooks for schooling, which I actually did read, and did read almost all of them. My nursing Med/Surg book I read about 80% of was 2,016 pages!!! Gah! But I'm sure you want books we read for pleasure! 

So far this year my longest book is Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens coming in at 546 pages!!!! I really loved this book because I mean hello, Kellan is in it!!! Gah!!! And then there is well um, sexy time with Kellan in it!!!! There were times I though that this was a bit long, but that’s only because I wanted to smack Kiera upside her head!!!! But yea this was pretty much pure pleasure for me!!!! 

Last year my longest was City of Glass by Cassandra Clare at 541. I never really noticed the long pages with this one. 

But my longest of all time is Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix with 896 pages!!!! I mean this was a beast and I remember back when I got to this point in the series I was so scared! The size of this book is so scary!!! And I had the hard cover to read!!! So yea I was so scared but damn was it so good!!! I do believe this is my favorite book aside from the last one. And then my other hefty book, which I BLEW though, is Breaking Dawn at 768 pages. And yes I wanted this one to be longer!!!


My favorite 500+ (I don’t read to many that are 600+) books are: everything from above plus:
Harry Potter: Hallows (759), Goblet (734) and Prince (652) (I have a feeling that everyone will choose these books!!!) The Host and Eclipse (629)!!


What’s really interesting is that most of my favorite books are in the 400-page range!

So tell me, what’s your longest book and your favorite books that double as a weapon?

Comments

  1. I love it when the books are huge but it doesn't seem like it because they are so interesting - like with the Harry Potter books.

    Tanya
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read the host, I've seen it a bunch so far! New Follower, nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. It's easy to forget that Meyer and Rowling's books are so long. They feel much shorter.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there :) just hopping through...I never realise City of Glass was that long :O wow!

    I'm an old follower :)

    Here is my choice...

    Feature & Follow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was my longest book too! These hardcover books that are 600+ pages are serious workouts. I like reading in bed, but there is no way I'd be able to hold the book up! I'm also a huge fan of The Hose and City of Glass. Those are the kind of books that I'm glad are so long because I never want them to end!

    My Follow Friday
    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves
    New Follower

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you consider the fact that the version of The Lord of The Rings I read was the one that’s one book with the 3 parts inside (1202 pages in the brazilian version), that would be the longest book I’ve ever read. But if you consider series to favorite 600+ page reads, hands down, Harry Potter. Not so much for the story, but for the feeling it brings me every time I think about it. And you were right, everyone is choosing the HP series, because it's awesome heh heh My favorite in the series is Half-Blood Prince <3

    I'm a new follower, btw!

    Maeva
    Murphy's Library

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!