Teaser Tuesday (18): Starters




Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can tease others. 

Here’s how: 
  • Step 1: Grab your current read. 
  • Step 2: Open to a random page. 
  • Step 3: Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page. Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others. 
  • Step 4: Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles! 
And that’s now you make a successful tease (as far as a book goes). 

By Lissa Price 
The marshal was approaching. Had he spotted up? He crouched and edged closer, his gun drawn. My heartbeat echoed in my ears. I gripped Michael’s shirt and pressed my cheek to his shoulder. 
The marshal’s hand groped though the leaves in front of my face. He was so close I could smell the oily scent of his gloves. I held my breath. ~ eARC p. 24 


“What do you think?” he smiled. “It’s like you were a car, a nice car, that hadn’t been washed for a year,” he said. “And then you got a wash and wax and all the trimmings.” He flicked my dangling earring. “You’re sparkling, but you’re still the same great car.”
I turned to him and leaned in closer. His eyes searched my face as if asking permission. I nodded slightly and, without thinking, licked my lower lip. He leaned down to me, but just then Rodney knocked on the wall. ~eARC p. 56



I'm giving you another double teaser this week! I am going to have the amazing opportunity TOMORROW to meet this wonderful author and a few more! And this book is also being released TODAY!!!! I'm reading it now and totally love it!!! It sucks you in right from the start! And I can’t wait to see where Lissa takes me!!!


Did you enjoy? How are you teasing others today?

Comments

  1. I'm so sad that I won't have a chance to buy Starters until the NYMBC event Wednesday!!! I'm glad you're liking it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome that you get to meet the author! This book sounds really interesting. I've been so unsure about fitting it into my review schedule. I'll definitely be looking for your review. This week I just finished another book today LOL But I teased it anyway.
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waaah, I accidentally deleted your blog comment and now I feel horrible. :/

    Awesome teasers by the way! Both of them had me wondering what was going to happen next! I hope you enjoy Starters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! Everyone says this book is amazing.
    Thanks for sharing! Have fun meeting the author!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love this book cover. I can't wait to get my copy of this one. I hope your enjoying it so far. And thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. We will have to come up with another fun giveaway, I had fun working with you on the other one. =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard great things about this book. I hope you enjoy it. :)

    Reading Lark's Teasers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!