Top Ten Tuesday (15): Dystopians

 

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Who doesn’t like to make lists?!?!?! They make life easy! And fun!!!! And its always a never ending topic!!!!


Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists!

Top X Genre Books (pick the genre you want: Top Ten Historical fiction books, Top Ten Dystopian Books, Top Ten Victorian Novels)

Well this is kind of like a freebie don’t you think? So I think I'm going to go with Dystopian YA books! I'm in a reading challenge over at the goodreads group Never To Old for YA Books and this month its all about dystopian. So I have been picking up a bunch lately. And also I read Hunger Games! HELLO!!!! So what I'm going to do, because I haven’t read too many dystopian books, is I'm going to give you my top four I love and top 10 I know I'm going to love once they are released/I have read them!!!

Dystopian Books I have read

Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
I know I'm the last person in the world to be reading the hunger games series but DAMN!!! If there was ever a perfect book, this is it!!! I forgot I was reading!!! That’s how sucked in I got!!! I have only read the first two books because they are so intense, raw and emotional I needed a break before Mockingjay! Especially since everyone keeps telling me that it’s a dozy!!! But I will get to it!!

Delirium and Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
Delirium and Pandemonium were my first introduction to this whole dystopian world! And I'm so in love with it! I just can’t say enough about Oliver’s book and writing style. Both of these books are in my top 10 of all time!!!!

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Shatter me, OMG! What can I say about this book that actually sounds like the English language and not something adults do behind closed doors?!?!! I met Tahereh and I love that woman! She is so amazing and her book is just beyond fantastic! It’s a beautiful and poetic book I couldn’t put down! 

The Selection by Kiera Cass
I just finished The Selection and I don’t know if I would consider it really dystopian, it’s more of just a futuristic book. But I still really enjoyed it!! And defiantly something everyone should read somehow!







As you can see, I haven’t actually read to many dystopian novels. It’s not a genre that I really got into. However the ones I have read, I LOVE!!!! I really like this genre and I can’t wait to conquer my list below!!!


Dystopian Books I'm going to read/can't wait to get my hands on 

Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth
I know I'm going to get a whole bunch of people saying, WHY THE HELL HAVEN’T YOU READ THIS YET! And my response is that there are just to many damn books to read! But I keep getting closer and closer! I hear so many great things about this book and everyone is so excited for Insurgent. 

Starters by Lissa Price
I am currently reading this one and I have to say that I really am enjoying it! There is something about it that just sucks you in! 

Cinder by Marissa Meyer
I keep hearing how amazing this book is and I have to say that I really REALLY want to read this sucker! I got to meet Marissa and hearing her talk about it and the rest of the books sounds so amazing! Ugh!!!

Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
I frigging love Veronica!!! She is just so amazing and knowing that she is a painter makes me want to read this book even more. I can only imagine how descriptive this book is going to be! And I know a lot of people just LOVED this book!

Eve by Anna Carey
Again, Anna was with Marissa, Veronica and Tahereh at an author signing event and just seeing them and hearing about them talk about their books, just made me want to read these so bad!!!! And they just all sound fantastic!!! 

The Uglies Series by Scott Westerfeld
When I tell people that I haven’t read many dystopian books, they always give me two recommendations: Hunger Games and The Uglies series. Needless to say I have all these books and I really want to read them. They sound so great and amazing!

Matched Series by Ally Condie
I have wanted to read this book for SUCH a long time and it always captivated me so much!!! But again I never got around to it!! But I really really want to!!

The Pledge by Kimberly Derting
This sounds like such an original dystopian novel and the cover is amazing!!!!! And the second books cover is even more spectacular! I was so drawn to the cover and was sold with the synopsis! It needs to be read my eyes need to dance with the words on the pages! Ah!!!

Across the Universe by Beth Revis
I hear so many amazing things about this series. Again I really have a lot of books to explore in their genre. 

Partials by Dan Wells
I have been meaning to read this book for a very long time now and just haven’t gotten to it!!! I hear amazing things about it and a lot of people really like it!!!








So that is my list of dystopian I have read/want to read. If I missed any please tell me!!! I really want to read more of these books!!
So what are your favorite dystopian books? Did I pick some good ones? What did I miss?


Comments

  1. You should drop whatever book you are reading and pick up Divergent lol It's soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there :) just popping in...
    I'm really looking forward to reading Partials, I've also heard great things about the book.

    :) Here is my choice...

    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lot of really good books on your list. Of course dystopian books are some of my favorites so it's easy for me to say that. :) I have yet to read Partials or The Selection but I am looking forward to both, but I did just finish Under the Never Sky and it was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Tara, you have some excellent dystopian books on the horizon! I can't believe you haven't read some of these! I could rave about many of the books on this list, but I will just reiterate what you already know -- they are all incredible! The Uglies might top my list as fav dystopian series. But then again...Delirium, Matched, Eve...all so good. Can you tell I love dystopians? Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dystopia is my favorite genre, but I could never narrow it down to only ten, so I picked Fairy Tale Retellings instead. I love your choices though! I'm so jealous that you got an ARC of The Selection! It's one of my most anticipated reads of this year! Click my giveaway link if you want to try to win a signed copy of Pandemonium!

    Check out YA Litwit’s Top Ten Fairy Tale Retellings and my GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard about the hunger games but never read the books. Cinder sounds interesting and the name Cinder caught my attention once I saw the title. I love stories based on Cinderella. Matched have I read myself, and it's a wonderful books. I had a top ten list abouit historical fiction novels today. http://whatafeeling-mailene.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely blanked on Under The Never Sky but I'd totally add it to my list too! The Pledge, The Selection and a few others on your list are things I need to read too. Love that you added books you haven't read yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only read a few dystopian novels, but I really enjoy them. I will look into some of these suggestions. I have seem several of them on many lists.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved all the ones you have read and definitely read Divergent next!!! I loved Uglies although I didn't think the other books in the series were as good, still enjoyable series.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!