Follow Friday (12)



Follow Friday is a blog hop hosted by two great blogs, Alison of Alison Can Read and Rachel of Parajunkee. Each host will have their own feature blog, but anybody can post!

How does it work?
  • Leave your name on the post. 
  • Create a post on your own blog that links back to the post (just grab the FF button) visit as many blogs as you can and tell them hello! In their comments. 
  • Be sure to follow them and if someone follows you follow back!!!! 

Question: What's the most unique character name you've come across? 



Ooo well I have to think about this one for a little while! 

Well ill go with a bit of unique and some I just LOVE! Considering I want to name my first girl this, I love the name Keira (Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens)! It’s so pretty and not seen TOO much! 

One of the best unique names comes from Existence by Abbi Glines and that includes Dank and Pegan, both TOTALLY unique and different! Now what’s really cool and makes this name EVEN more awesome what the explanation behind it: 


I didn’t have a name for a very long time. I was known only as Death. However, an elderly German lady I had the pleasure of speaking with a few minutes before I took her soul changed that. It wasn’t her first life. I recognized her soul. Her soul was unique and rather hard to forget. Her soul also recognized me. It knew that her time was at an end for that life. She said it was a shame I was known only as Death. That I should be given a more respectable name. She called me Dankmar that day. It means “famous for his spirit” in German. I chose to keep it. Over time it has been shortened to simply Dank.



Then the best book of all time (HELLO HARRY POTTER) has some of the most amazing names EVER!!!!!! And a lot of them have become so iconic!!! 

Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore (BEST EVER), Severus Snape, Rubeus Hagrid, Lord Voldemort, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Lucius Malfoy, Remus Lupin, Fleur Delacour, Bellatrix Lestrange (so crazy and so original!), Alastor Moody, Nymphadora Tonks, Dobby, Kreacher, Narcissa Malfoy(honestly I think she is my fave out of everyone!), Horace Slughorn, Aberforth Dumbledore, Xenophilius Lovegood.

I mean come on!!!! You know you love your Harry names!!!! Gosh I feel like reading this series again! 

Some other names that I just loved and feel are unique: 

Jace and Magnus from Mortal Instruments/ Infernal Devices  by Cassandra Clare
Simmi and Sharpi from Farsighted by Emlyn Chand 
Rowan Bliss from Perigee Moon by Tara A Fuller 

So what do you consider unique?!?! Please let me know, I would love to hear them!


Comments

  1. I also said Dank! That was an interesting name. I some how totally forgot about Harry Potter. Old follower stopping by and here is My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Existence sounds like a great read - I love those names!!

    The Harry Potter names are definitely unique - although I have to say? I am honestly shocked that people haven't started naming their kids after the characters! (I am honestly shocked there aren't a bunch of Hermione's and Ron's running around!)


    Check out my TGIF / Follow Friday post this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read about Dank, but that's certainly an unusual name. I love how you included the explanation. And I agree, Keira is a beautiful name ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GAH! Tara. We NEED to meet. I said Kellan, which is a perfect match for Kiera AND I thought of putting Dank and Pegan but decided to just go with one name instead of my huge list of hundreds...[I'm super bad a narrowing down things!] Also I was thinking about Harry Potter and how J.K. kicks ass with names. Shoot. Are we reading sisters or something?! ;]
    You can check out my Follow Friday here.
    [:
    ShawnaLeAnn
    Dreaming In The Pages Enter My Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keira*
    There I go typing too fast again. It always happens when I comment on your site.
    ;]
    ShawnaLeAnn
    Dreaming In The Pages Enter My Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi :)

    I need to look up existence because I'm unfamiliar with that book.
    Happy FF
    My FF http://MissVainsParanormalFantasy.com

    I'm a New GFC follower btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list, Tara. Thank you for including Simmi and Shapri on the list ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list!!! New Follower and I must say your blog is sooo cute!!!

    Have a great weekend.



    Ali @Ali's Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower. Your blog is lovely!

    Here is my answer: http://bookprowl.blogspot.com/2012/02/follow-friday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are all cute and I really want to read Existence still, ugh. Following!

    Preet @ AWR

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!