Top Ten Tuesday (13): Theme Songs


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Who doesn’t like to make lists?!?!?! They make life easy! And fun!!!! And its always a never ending topic!!!!


Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists!

Top Ten Books I'd Give A Theme Song To (and please tell us the song and why you'd pick it for the book!) 

Oh man I have been dreading this all week!!! I have a hard time putting music to my books so I think this will only have about 5! I'm just not good at it!!! If you have any suggestions PLEASE send them my way!!! 

I don’t always associate music with books. One reason is that I tend to listen to movie scores to0 much and I don’t like radio! But sometimes I do come across a song that is like YES! That’s fits this book GREAT! But not very often! (I linked up all the song titles to iTunes so you can listen to them if you want!)

Mumford and Sons whole album for books by Cassandra Clare I mean seriously!!! Have you heard this album!!! It’s AMAZING! 
All of the following are from M&S 

For Jace in City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare 
In the scene where he slept with her, God every time I hear this song (which is a lot cuz I'm crushing hard on M&S) I'm thrown right back there! It’s like his inner evil demon is asking if he can really love her! With no regrets and be what she needs you to be for her! Ugh!!! watch me cry all over the place I have never NEVER felt so strong for a song and a book in my life!!! This is the only reason that I'm not skipping this weeks Top Ten!!! 

For Will in Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare 
Man its such a conflicting song and I know that if we ever get to get in Will’s head, he feels this way. His head tells his heart to say yes, but his heart says let this one go. I mean COME ON!!!! He wants to love Tessa but not hurt Jem! UGH!!!! And still please him self!! And there goes my heart! Breaking again!! DAMN IT! 

For pretty much any breakup or desperation in a relationship. But it can mainly be for the relationship between Kellan, Keira and Denny in Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens. UGH! It’s just so heartbreaking to hear!! Ugh and it’s just so primal and raw!!! Damn I love this song!!! And I can do this for Travis and Abby from Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire also because she tried and he just CRUSHED HER! Damn! It’s for anyone that gives everything into a relationship and something STUPID happens! 

For Travis and Abby from Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire 
Their whole relationship is f*&ked up but they work together! And this song is great for the part (well you know, I wont say because its spoilie but DAMNIT why did he do that)!!! But what’s funny if I think that they would both feel the say way to each other. UGH!!!!! 

For Rowan in Perigee Moon by Tara Fuller 
I can picture this as part of a prequel/prologue to this book. In this book the Rowan attempts suicide after her mother dies in a tragic fire. She has the ability to feel emotions so she keeps feeling the sadness from everyone and can’t take it and tries to take her life. And I can just see an opening where you see the fire and her spinning out of control and the whole tragic scene! Yes like the Glee episode, which had me BAWLING! But damn it’s just perfect! 
42 by Coldplay 
For Sam in Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver 
I can just picture this song playing during the first crash and then the ending. Aside that the lyrics are perfect the rhythm and pacing of the song is just beautiful! Man! Listen to it!!! It’s so amazing!!! 

Give a Little More by Maroon 5 
For Christian and Anna in Fifty Shades of Grey Series by E.L. James 
If you have read this book, you know what more means to these two!!! And the line that says I'm not falling in love with you till I get a little more from you baby describes them perfectly!!! 

Princess of China by Coldplay & Rihanna. 
For Alannah in Mark of The Princess by B.C. Morin 
This song just sounds so great for the start of this book. We find Alannah running away from everything she doesn’t want. And running through the woods, the music and everything in this song is so great and perfect!!! 




Stutter by Maroon 5 
For Katy in Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout 
I know that everyone is all what about that song by Katy Perry ET that is better and yes it is good, but eh its not perfect! Whenever Katy is near Daemon or around him she gets (in her mind at least) kind of tripped up and all flustered by him. And just the tempo of the song I can picture Daemon all cocky walking around high school and Katy getting all flustered!!! UGH! That’s what that man does to me anyways! 


Candy Man by Christina Aguilera 
For FIFTY! In Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James 
Haha this song is just cracking me up because it pretty much describes PERFECTLY! And the effect he has on all the ladies that read about him. Hehe with working up an appetite and panty dropping! Oh man! Haha this song is just to fun!!! 



Dance in the Dark by Lady Gaga 
For Calla in Nightshade by Andrea Cremer 
I listened to this song a long time ago and was like OMG that Calla! She will only let herself be free in the dark when no one is watching her. Having to be a strong alpha female for her pack she never lets loose. And I can actually see a scene where Ren is watching her from afar through her window, when she thinks that no one is watching, just dancing with her iPod to this song. So love it!



Wooo *wipes sweat off my brow* How did i do??? Think that they are a good choice for book?? What would your top ten sound like?

Comments

  1. Awesome tracks! I totally agree on Nightshade. Aww... And that thing you wrote about Ren. FOREVER REN!!!

    Drop by my Top 10?
    http://www.tumblinginbooks.blogspot.com/2012/02/top-10-books-that-id-give-theme-song.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Tara!!! I LOVE your picks! They so fit the books and I LOVE even more that most of the songs were by Mumford & Sons. I effing fall over backward for them and it is rocking to know you love them tooooo!!! I will so probably end up doing this because you have inspired me. Awesome post chick!
    [:
    ShawnaLeAnn
    Dreaming In The Pages Enter My Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack, I haven't read any of these books. ^_^; Still, I'm sure they're good choices! I love some of the songs on your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list!! I'll have to listen to the songs for Fifty especially. Love it.

    Check out my Top Six (ha - couldn't think of more!) here

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!