Best of 2011: Best Book Covers

I only started this blog about 7 weeks ago (still a newborn) and part of being in the book blogging community is telling others what you like. So now that it’s the end of the year I decided that ill partake in the best of 2011 week hosted by Jessica from Confessions of a Bookaholic, Lisa from A Life Bound by Books, Rachel from Fikshun, Jamie and Patricia from Two Chicks on Books. Everyone can join in the fun.  Each day you add your top 10 list to the linky, you get an extra entry into the giveaway for a $50 amazon gift card! Just remember, each day will have a linky for THAT Top 10 topic and your list has to be for that top 10.  Here is what the week will look like:

Tuesday 12/27 – Top 10 Book Covers of 2011
Wednesday 12/28 – Top 10 Book Boyfriends in 2011
Thursday 12/29 – Top 10 Characters in 2011 (This can be anything you’d like to make it for characters. You can post your favorite Villains, etc. Just be sure that this post is character based.)
Friday 12/30 – Top 10 Books I’m looking forward to in 2012 (Also on this day, we’ll each be adding some kind of a recap of the total number of books read, pages read, etc.This part of the post is optional. Feel free to add any stats you’d like to share with everyone. So, if you’d like to also include some end of year stats, feel free to join us!)
So here we go!!!
Best book covers of 2011
So I'm going to limit this posting to books that came out in 2011. If not I would never get this post done because there are so many AMAZING covers around and coming out that a girl can get lost!
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
This cover is BREATHTAKING!!!!!! Its so sensual and enticing! I cannot get enough of this cover! The guy’s arms are sooooo, mmmmmmmmm! I would love to have this framed and hug above my couch so I can oodle over it all day!
Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
The guy on the cover of this book is going to be the end of me! It might not be the most amazing cover out there, but I love the look in his eyes. Full of mystery, lust, protection and a hit of mischief!
Delirium by Lauren Oliver
So I do love BOTH covers, however I like the special edition cover just a bit more. The foliage, the eyes and the colors! It has more depth and intrigue than the other cover. 
Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma
Aside from pretty colors; I'm a sucker for water! I love looking at water, I love to be in the water and I love to drink water! Hehe. Underwater shots are always breathtaking. Sometimes going underwater makes it seem like the world has stopped. The world is muffled, all you can hear is your breathing and you can go in any direction you want. This cover makes me think that it’s just a brief breath in the moment. 
Wander Dust by Michelle Warren
I really like covers that capture a moment in time. For me this makes me want to go and run through a wheat field in a really pretty dress. You can make a whole story just form looking at the cover. Is she running away from something or towards? Escaping or embracing?? The possibilities are endless.
Mesmerized by Julia Crane
This one is my favorite use of color! I'm such a sucker for a peachy creamy color palate that I'm always instantly attracted! It’s a very simple cover but the colors draw me in.
Hereafter by Tara Hudson
I love the colors on this cover also. Sometimes you can almost feel the environment of a cover. Here I can almost feel the wet wood below my feet and the cool breeze from the lake. Love it!
Across the Universe by Beth Revis
Such a star studded breathtaking cover!!! The covers are cosmic and you can almost feel the couple stealing each other’s breath away! DIVINE!
So Shelly by Ty Roth
There is just something about this cover that just draws me in. is she dreaming? Doing this on her own? What is she thinking?? It’s so simple, but so stunning.
Fateful by Claudia Gray
Now I prefer this cover over the other one that was released. I love the dress and it’s a great spark of color! and the look over the shoulder sparks all kinds of questions!
Existence by Abbi Glines
So here is the same couple again! But what can I say I just love it!!! This cover makes you wonder what he is thinking!!!! Those eyes, OH SWOON!

BONUS
Sweet Temptation by Anara Bella
So I'm totally in love with this couple and they have shown up on a LOT of book covers lately. And who can blame the publishers!!!!! SWOON!!!!
What are your dreamy covers from 2011?

Comments

  1. lov the 2011 blue greeny picture
    gr8 list yo tara
    my top covers of 2011

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Mesmerized looks great.

    Hope u can follow my blog :)

    http://spirit-of-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Fateful cover way better than the US version.

    Amy @ www.bookgoonie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, I didn't realize the same couple kept appearing on diff. book covers,

    thx

    =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!