Dusty Reads (2) and The Time Will Come (4)

Dusty Reads is a weekly meme hosted by Giselle over at Xpresso Reads AND The Time Will Come is a weekly meme started by Books for Company. Both meme have the same intentions; shine a light on unread books that have been gathering dust on our shelves. So get out your swifter duster (or wet paper towel if your old school) and let them feel the love. 

by Jane Austen
Vanity, not love, has been my folly 

When Elizabeth Bennet first meets eligible bachelor Fitzwilliam Darcy, she thinks him arrogant and conceited, while he struggles to remain indifferent to her good looks and lively mind. When she later discovers that Darcy has involved himself in the troubled relationship between his friend Bingley and her beloved sister Jane, she is determined to dislike him more than ever. In the sparkling comedy of manners that follows, Jane Austen shows the folly of judging by first impressions and superbly evokes the friendships, gossip and snobberies of provincial middle-class life.

Ok so I am going WAY BACK! Back to a time when things were simple! Back to a place of joy and beauty. I'm going BACK TO THE FUTURE!!! Ok so not really (although I totally love that movie!!!!). I'm getting off track right now. I just got back from a walk with my pup and there is a lot of blood rushing around my body right now making me a bit off! Hehe more off than usual! Ok anyways back to the topic. Can you believe that I have never read an Austen novel??? I know it’s strange but I actually haven’t read a lot of the classics.  Again I keep saying that I have only been reading for about three years and I have a lot of books to catch up on.  I really do want to read a lot of the classic love stores. I really should because they show up in so many of the YA novels I'm reading (huge example is Clockwork Prince which I'm currently reading and totally loving!).  my goal for next year just might have to be read 5 classic novels!

What are your dust bunnies hiding from you???

Comments