Follow Friday (3)



Follow Friday is a blog hop hosted by two great blogs, Alison of Alison can Read and Rachel of Parajunkee.  Each host will have their own feature blog, but anybody can post!

How does it work?
  • Leave your name on the post.
  • Create a post on your own blog that links back to the post (just grab the FF button) visit as many blogs as you can and tell them hello! In their comments.  
  • Be sure to follow them and if someone follows you follow back!!!! 
Question:  When you’ve read a book, what do you do with it? (Keep it, give it away, donate it, sell it, swap it..?)"

Well if it’s a good book I take it to the toy store to buy it a nice gift for being so good.  If it was a nasty book I take it to bed (I'm currently going to sleep with clockwork prince! I think you are going to hear a lot of this, but damn it was so good! Jem, Will, Jem, Will, ooh god I don’t know! Just let me have them both!).  Ok but seriously I take the pleasure of putting the book back on my self in the read section. It’s so satisfying! I'm mean like really!!!! Hehe then I usually admire my books for a while.  When growing up my grandparent’s house had a library in it! Yea seriously so not kidding!!!! I love it though! And miss it since I moved out. But I'm slowly starting to build my own library.  I will loan my books. But sometimes I just can’t think about parting with them.  They hold so many memories.  Memories of the words written on the pages; memories of my emotions while reading the written words; what my life was like during the time reading; and the contemplations that arise from the deep subtext of each novel.  It almost becomes a part of me. 

So what do you do?

Comments

  1. YES! My books hold so many memories too because I read to escape certain moments, so those books become so special to me. Great answer and happy Friday :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm building up my library too. One day I hope to have a library room!

    Here is my Follow Friday post

    Old follower =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually keep them I want to one day have a room that's going to be my library :)

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to keep all of the books I buy. I have a hard time giving them away. New follower!

    My Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a hard time giving away my books,
    But I do love giving books as presents!


    Love your blog :) New follower!
    http://thebookbluff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!