Waiting on Wednesday (7): Shadows and Cursed

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you have a chance to let other know what you can’t wait to claim as your own. 

by Jennifer L. Armentrout


The last thing Dawson Black expected was Bethany Williams. As a Luxen, an alien life form on Earth, human girls are…well, fun. But since the Luxen have to keep their true identities a secret, falling for one would be insane. Dangerous. Tempting. Undeniable.

Bethany can’t deny the immediate connection between her and Dawson. And even though boys aren’t a complication she wants, she can’t stay away from him. Still, whenever they lock eyes, she’s drawn in. Captivated. Lured. Loved.

Dawson is keeping a secret that will change her existence...and put her life in jeopardy. But even he can’t stop risking everything for one human girl. Or from a fate that is as unavoidable as love itself.

Why I need this: Aside from the SEXY cover, I'm sooo in love with Jennifer’s work!!!!! The tension she created in Obsidian was UNBELIVEABLE!!!!! And now to find out that Daemon was a TWIN!!!!! OH SWOON!!!!!! I so look forward to seeing what happened between Dawson and Bethany!!!!! But I'm also so scared because I know how they end up!

by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Dying sucks--and high school senior Ember McWilliams knows firsthand. After a fatal car accident, her gifted little sister brought her back. Now anything Ember touches dies. And that, well, really blows. 

Ember operates on a no-touch policy with all living things--including boys. When Hayden Cromwell shows up, quoting Oscar Wilde and claiming her curse is a gift, she thinks he’s a crazed cutie. But when he tells her he can help control it, she’s more than interested. There’s just one catch: Ember has to trust Hayden's adopted father, a man she's sure has sinister reasons for collecting children whose abilities even weird her out. However, she’s willing to do anything to hold her sister's hand again. And hell, she'd also like to be able to kiss Hayden. Who wouldn't? 

But when Ember learns the accident that turned her into a freak may not've been an accident at all, she’s not sure who to trust. Someone wanted her dead, and the closer she gets to the truth, the closer she is to losing not only her heart, but her life. For real this time


Why I need this: I will pretty much read anything that Jennifer puts out!!!! I'm not kidding!!!!! Aside from being a great author, the ideas are fresh and new!!!! Mmmmm I so want more!!!!! This just sounds like such an amazing book!!!!!

What’s are you waiting for?
Don’t forget to enter my Giveaway

Comments

  1. Hey! I have a question- You seem to like Jennifer L Armentrout.. Is there an author you would compare her to? I'm wondering if I should buy some of her books and read them, but I'm not that sure.

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those both look intriguing. I like the covers a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm I never really compare authors or can think of one off the top of my head but I recommend obsidian to start. If you like a romance with a lot of tension that is def one! That what I started with and I'm hooked. Thanks for the question I hope I helped!!!

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cursed sounds pretty good! I like the cover a lot! Great choice! Thank you for sharing them! The rest of the books sound interesting.

    Happy Holidays!!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have JA's adult UF series in my TBR pile.

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen great things about Lux...I've not read it though. JA seems like a great author I should get round to some time...

    Nina @ Death Books and Tea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeek yes Jennifer is a mastermind and we must r ead ALL of her books! xD

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. new follower :)

    Wow both of these books look awesome!! I will have to check them out!!

    Happy reading and check out my waiting on Wednesday!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-25-forbidden.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds good, enjoy! your choices.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anything of Armentrout I'm definitely reading as well! I've only had very minor problems with her books so far, but it's her characters mostly that make her books for me. I love Daemon! And although Shadows is bound to be sad (we all know what's going to happen), I'm curious about Daemon's lookalike. I love prequel stories!

    Have an amazing reading week! And happy holidays!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!