Teaser Tuesday (4): Twenties Girl


Very exciting news!!! I have been blogging for month now!!! I'm so excited!!!!! Anyways, I want to thank all of my followers for joining! It means a lot to me! Ok so on to business...

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can tease others. 


Here’s how: 
  • Step 1: Grab your current read. 
  • Step 2: Open to a random page. 
  • Step 3: Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page. Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others. 
  • Step 4: Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles! 
And that’s now you make a successful tease (as far as a book goes). 

Twenties Girl 
by Sophie Kinsella 

It’s almost comical, the sight of her yelling so hard and only getting the faintest reaction. But as I watch, I only feel pity. She looks so powerless, as though she’s shouting behind a sheet of glass and the only one who can hear her properly is me. Sadie’s world must be so frustrating, I find myself thinking. She can’t touch anything, she can’t communicated with anyone, it’s obvious she’s never going to get through to this guy— 

p. 118 

So I'm reading this book because 1 I adore Kinsella’s work. It’s a stray away from YA but its still young and fresh! 2 I have a TBR pen pal from the Goodreads group Bookwork Bitches. It’s a fun idea, member sign up and are randomly paired with one another to pick a book for each other to read. They both read the book and report and talk about it. And 3 my best friend loved this book! Right now I'm almost in love with this book. The main character has very shining moments of greatness and then she starts to obsess over her ex! To the point that its almost embarrassing to read! But I do enjoy the writing and am excited to keep reading it. 

Are you a tease?

Comments