Best of 2011: Characters

I only started this blog about 7 weeks ago (still a newborn) and part of being in the book blogging community is telling others what you like. So now that it’s the end of the year I decided that ill partake in the best of 2011 week hosted by Jessica from Confessions of a Bookaholic, Lisa from A Life Bound by Books, Rachel from Fikshun, Jamie and Patricia from Two Chicks on Books. Everyone can join in the fun.  Each day you add your top 10 list to the linky, you get an extra entry into the giveaway for a $50 amazon gift card! Just remember, each day will have a linky for THAT Top 10 topic and your list has to be for that top 10.  Here is what the week will look like:

Tuesday 12/27 – Top 10 Book Covers of 2011
Wednesday 12/28 – Top 10 Book Boyfriends in 2011
Thursday 12/29 – Top 10 Characters in 2011 (This can be anything you’d like to make it for characters. You can post your favorite Villains, etc. Just be sure that this post is character based.)
Friday 12/30 – Top 10 Books I’m looking forward to in 2012 (Also on this day, we’ll each be adding some kind of a recap of the total number of books read, pages read, etc.This part of the post is optional. Feel free to add any stats you’d like to share with everyone. So, if you’d like to also include some end of year stats, feel free to join us!)

So here we go!!!


Best Book Characters of 2011
Top Females
So I was having a bit of a hard time with this one. There are so many characters that I always LOVE but most of then I didn’t read this year (my honorable mention I threw in there because I just couldn’t help it). I decided to spotlight my favorite female characters.  Whether they are main characters or the wonderful best friends, I can’t help but love these confident lucky ladies. 

Katy from Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout -any girl that can handle Daemon gets Kudos in my book.  And any girl that can be a smart ass I'm so in love with!!!  I also love that she is a book blogger!!!

Abby  from Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire- a girl that knows what she wants her life to be like is a girl that I admire.  She doesn’t want to screw up things for the people in her life that she loves.  I didn’t always agree with her decisions, but that’s what makes her so amazing. She was able to do things I never would (who the hell could tell Travis no!)
America from Beautiful Disaster- Now this is a girl I want around for me! Some people might not like her but she knows her BFF! And the fact that someone has to hold her back to prevent her from beating the crap out of people is just AMAZING!!!! Everyone needs a best friend that is willing to draw blood for them.  


Calla from Nightshade by Andrea Cremer- Such a refreshing character. She is a strong confident female, but still has her doubts.  She stills struggles with what she wants and what everyone else wants for her. She was confident, sexy, and in charge! She wasn’t winy or helpless and that was very refreshing. 

Clary from The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare- I'm so glad that her hair is red because that totally describes her personality: Fiery!!!!! She holds her ground and is so loveable!!! I tend to love all of Cassie’s women. 

Dee from Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout- It can’t be easy being the sister of Daemon.  But Dee stands out just fine on her own! I love her desire to befriend someone that everyone else thinks is a bad influence. She is pure and honest.  She is so cute and just wonderful!!!!

Aphrodite from House of Night by P.C. and Kristin Cast- I normally don’t like the rich bitch but there is something about Aphrodite that I love.  I tend to love girls that speak their mind and don’t apologize for what they say.  She is sharp, sometimes mean but has a soft inside.

Evie from Paranormalcy by Kiersten White- She is my inner child.  I love how she has a child like innocents but at the same time had to grow up really fast.  I can relate so much I think that’s why I'm so in love with her.  She is the first female character where I felt like it was me. I can honestly say I feel like I know her deep down inside and mor

Tessa from The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare- I love that she loves being naughty!!!! It’s wonderful watching her discovery herself separate from her family.  It can’t be easy what she is going though but she makes it seem so.  Although I don’t envy her having to choose between Will and Jem, but I love her inner strength!

Sadie from Twenties Girl- Although not my favorite book of the year, it was redeemed by Sadie.  She has a spunk and has an I don’t care attitude that just made me lover her.  Although she was obnoxious at times, she never gave up on getting what she wanted.  Her attitude on life is admirable and there for defiantly a character I love!e than what is written on the pages. I really like that she enjoys the small things in life (like a locker). 

Honorable Mention (not females, but totally lovable characters!)


Dumbledore from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling- Well I didn’t read Harry this year, but I saw the movies like a million times (that has to count right! Well I'm making it). I know my 10 are females, but I just love Dumbledore.  I would love to get a book about him.  He has so many layers to him and adventures not told.  He is a mystery that I'm waiting impatiently to discover. 

Magnus from The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare- He is such an amazing character. I really do love Magnus!!!!! And yes I like the Magnus better in Infernal Devices than in Mortal Instruments.  Now if Clare ever gets around to writing spin offs of her character I would put my vote down for Magnus.  Just imagine the trouble and adventures he has gotten into!!! Mmm

Don’t forget to enter my Giveaway

Comments

  1. Yeah! Love your list and love your pics. I also did the lovely ladies of books for mine. Oh and I reposted your boyfriends list yesterday on twitter and Jennifer Armentrout went gaga over your sexy Daemon Katy pic! Hot, hot, stuff. That couple is absolutely everywhere.

    http://twentysomethingfictionwriter.blogspot.com/2011/12/top-10-awesome-chicks-of-2011.html

    Oh, and found this goodreads list you will definitely like!
    http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/15049.That_Girl_Hot_Guy_from_the_Obsidian_Cover

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! your list is very nice! im so in love with that couple, but they will always be Daemon and Katy to me!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list Tara! I am almost finished with Beautiful Disaster and let me tell you, you were so fucking right!! This book is AMAZING! I love it! :) The story is fantastic and Abby is great!! :) Thanks so much for sharing! :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!