Follow Friday (2)


Follow Friday is a blog hop hosted by two great blogs, Alison of Alison can Read and Rachel of Parajunkee.  Each host will have their own feature blog, but anybody can post!

How does it work?
  • Leave your name on the post.
  • Create a post on your own blog that links back to the post (just grab the FF button) visit as many blogs as you can and tell them hello! In their comments.  
  • Be sure to follow them and if someone follows you follow back!!!!
Question: Keeping with the Spirit of Giving this season, what book do you think EVERYONE should read and if you could, you would buy it for all of your family and friends?

So being new to the book reading world, I haven’t been exposed to all of the amazing classic books that literally lovers spoon over to the end of time.  Of the books that I have read, I feel that the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling,The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin and Before I Fall  by Lauren Oliver are just a few books that I think everyone should have read.  And yes I would buy everyone a copy of these books!

Harry Potter changed the world in so many ways and changed the lives of so many young readers everyone should be able to be whisked away to Hogwarts! I don't think I need to say to much about these books, they are amazing, hands down, just read the books already!!!!!!!

An amazing debut author is Michelle Hodkin and her book The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer.  This book BLEW ME AWAY!!!!!! This book takes you on a journey of discovery, mystery, and love.  She keeps you guessing the whole time and its such an enjoyable read, I think everyone should pick up a copy!

And lastly Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver.  Although the main character of this book is hard to relate to, the concept of the book really makes you think about your own life and what would you do if given 7 chances to change your life? Oliver really touches on a raw emotion of saying good-bye to the ones you love and writes a beautiful novel.  The debut novel from Oliver, Before I fall is something I feel everyone should read, not only because its such an enjoyable read, but also to make you ponder your own life and if you died tomorrow, would you need to change anything?

What do you believe everyone should read?

Comments

  1. I LOVE Harry Potter of course! And I completely agree with needing to read Before I Fall. I included all Lauren Oliver's book in my FF. Before I Fall definitely makes you think about doing everything you can while you have the chance and making sure to treat everyone well. Such a beautiful book with a great message. I cried like a baby!

    Old GFC Follower! But now also following you on NetworkedBlogs!
    Visit my FF Jennifer @ Some Like It Paranormal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh these are all awesome!! Mara Dyer was by far the best book I've read all year!!!!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Tara!! Can you believe that I haven't Harry Potter yet?? I know, it's like a sin! x) But I'm definitely planning on it soon, and oh my gosh, I LOOOVED Mara Dyer!! Before I Fall was a really sweet book too but I liked Delirium a bit better. Have you read it yet? It's SO GOOD! :)

    These are all really good books, Tara! :) It's always so hard to narrow it down LOL because being a blogger guarantees HUGE favourite piles! x)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to read Mara Dyer, but I'm really looking forward to it. :)

    Please stop by The Nocturnal Library. for #FF.
    Make sure to enter the giveaway as well, if you're interested in Aussie YA.

    Maja

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Harry Potter and Mara Dyer. I'm a new follower.
    http://readinginthemountains.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Harry Potter and Mara Dyer are both so awesome!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping through. Totally agree with you on Harry. I would love to have my books in a chest like that too. New follower!
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I still have Before I Fall on my shelf unread!! Eeek i keep forgetting to read it!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe that not everyone has read HP. It should be a requirement that everyone reads it. Great choices. New Follower. =]
    Here is My FF

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Harry Potter, and I haven't read Mara yet but I'm looking forward to it and I have before I fall on my shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved reading The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. Great gift giving picks.
    New GFC follower for FF.
    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm DYING to read The Unbecoming Of Mara Dyer.
    I've not heard a SINGLE bad thing! How is that even possible?
    Great pick :)

    Happy (delayed) FF!
    New follower :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!