Best of 2011: Top 10 Books I’ve read in 2011

This year was also the year I decided to start blogging (I only started this about 7 weeks ago, so its still a newborn) and I am having so much fun!!!!

Part of being in the book blogging community is telling others what you like. So now that it’s the end of the year I decided that ill partake in the best of 2011 week hosted by Jessica from Confessions of a Bookaholic, Lisa from A Life Bound by Books, Rachel from Fikshun, Jamie and Patricia from Two Chicks on Books. Everyone can join in the fun.  Each day you add your top 10 list to the linky, you get an extra entry into the giveaway for a $50 amazon gift card! Just remember, each day will have a linky for THAT Top 10 topic and your list has to be for that top 10.  Here is what the week will look like:

Tuesday 12/27 – Top 10 Book Covers of 2011
Wednesday 12/28 – Top 10 Book Boyfriends in 2011
Thursday 12/29 – Top 10 Characters in 2011 (This can be anything you’d like to make it for characters. You can post your favorite Villains, etc. Just be sure that this post is character based.)
Friday 12/30 – Top 10 Books I’m looking forward to in 2012 (Also on this day, we’ll each be adding some kind of a recap of the total number of books read, pages read, etc.This part of the post is optional. Feel free to add any stats you’d like to share with everyone. So, if you’d like to also include some end of year stats, feel free to join us!)

So here we go!!!

My best books I read in 2011

Beautiful Disaster 
by Jamie McGuire
This book re-sparked my interest in reading.  I know I just finished this book like a week ago but it was so good and had everything in it that I was hoping from a book It is my number 1. I know I know, with so many good books out this year how did this one make it. It just did. It was the right book at the right time and it got me so excited for reading again. I can NOT get enough of this book!!!!

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer 
by Michelle Hodkin
Such an amazing and stunning debut novel by Michelle. If you haven’t read this yet, what the hell are you waiting for?!?!?!?! It was a new story with different characters and just captivating.  I almost didn’t read this book this year.  I was so drawn by the cover I knew it was a must, but I have so many books to read this was going to get put in the ill get to it someday pile. But I went to a book signing with Miss Hodkin and Miss Fitzpatrick and got it signed and was sooooo interested after hearing the author talk that I read it when I got home. And oh my goodness!!!! I was in love!!!!

Obsidian 
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I have to say that I have another favorite author to obsess over!!!! I haven’t read her other book but this cover was so intriguing (and can you say DELISH!). So I read this and again fell in love! (I need a new word because you are going to think I only have 3 words in my vocabulary).  This is my first alien book and it was just so good!!! One words to describe this book is TENSION! It’s pulled so tight that its nothing but explosions!

Before I Fall 
by Lauren Oliver
This novel touched a special place in my heart.  I kept laughing crying and hoping that somehow she would pull through! But this book was beautifully written and Oliver has an amazing ability to really pull you into the story and make you feel things you might not want to.  Every time I write about this book I always have to ask, what would you do? If it were you how would you say goodbye?

Delirium 
by Lauren Oliver
As a nurse, looking at love as a disease was SO intriguing to me I just had to have it. Throughout the book I kept falling head over heals with all the medical snippets in it and thinking gosh this could possibly be real some day!  This was my first dystopian novel I have read but I loved it so much I would risk living in the Wild just to be able to read this one again! Pandemonium cannot come quick enough!

Hush Hush, Crescendo and Silence 
by Becca Fitzpatrick
Oh Patch! Talk about a series that will make you crazy! I love Fitzpatrick’s writing and I also had a chance to met her at a book signing with Michelle Hodkin and this series is just so good! This world is exciting and adventurous and has wonderful mysteries that are reveals a little bit at a time; it’s a series that is hard to put down.

The Infernal Devices 
by Cassandra Clare
So my grand total for Clare books I read this year comes to 6!!!! But I can never get enough from Clare!!!! Her characters are so complex and the world is so mysterious and intriguing that I am always left wanting more. I love that this series is sent in old London; such an amazing time and it feels so foreign and dank but its still modern and new.  Theses books know how to rip your heart from your chest and stomp on it.  You wont be the same after reading these books.

The Mortal Instruments 
by Cassandra Clare
Talk about an adventure.  I would say that this series is going to be one that is talked about for a very long time.  The world that is created is one of the best since Narnia was written.  In terms that everything is well though about and characters so unique and different it will stand the test of time.  Plus there is a hottie in there!!! What’s not to love?

Nightshade 
by Andrea Cremer
I had to put some wolf love on here since I now love reading about wolves. Mainly because of this book! The journey taken by the characters about discovering what you want and how to live your life when you think that it was already laid out for you is so wonderful. 

by Maggie Stiefvater
This is one of the most beautifully written and visually simulating books I have read.  Maggie manages to give you everything you need to visualize her world without having to think about it.  Its like its already there for you to look at.  So beautiful and heart warming. 

Comments

  1. Great picks! I have Nightshade, Infernal Devices, Delirium and Before I Fall on my list! But I also loved The Mortal Instruments and Silence. I have The Unbecomoing of Mara Dyer, Obsidian, and Beautiful Diaster all on my TBR list.
    My Top 10 of 2011

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!