Follow Friday (7)




Follow Friday is a blog hop hosted by two great blogs, Alison of Alison Can Read and Rachel of Parajunkee. Each host will have their own feature blog, but anybody can post!

How does it work?
  • Leave your name on the post. 
  • Create a post on your own blog that links back to the post (just grab the FF button) visit as many blogs as you can and tell them hello! In their comments. 
  • Be sure to follow them and if someone follows you follow back!!!! 

Question: Many readers/bloggers are also big music fans. Tell us about a few of your favorite bands/singers that we should listen to in 2012.

I have 549 albums in my iTunes (and that’s not all, just how many my slow mac will let me have on it) and could listen to music for 13.9 days!

Well considering I suffer from MADD (music attention deficit disorder: signs and symptoms include: Not being able to fit all your music on your iPod or iPhone, only being able to listen to the good parts of the song before skipping, and shuffling through 300 songs on your car ride to work/school/other destinations) this is a very fitting question. My music taste is very eclectic! I love mostly rock and alternative but I also enjoy some country (DON’T HATE!) I'm also in LOVE with movie scores!

I'm currently totally obsessed with Mumford and Sons, Lady Gaga and Adele. I'm hoping that these artists can help cure my MADD. But I seriously listen to all kinds of music; anything that is catchy and makes me fall in love or groove to the beat! If you have not check out Mumford and Sons DO IT NOW!!! This is one band that whenever I hear them can put it to books! They have such great emotions in their songs! I can't get enough of them! 

But I also love Aerosmith, Alan Jackson, Billy Currington, The Bravery, Christina Perry, Cobra Starship, Dean Martin, Foo Fighters, Frank Sinatra, Johnny Cash, Katy Perry, Papa Roach, Pat Benatar, Paramour, Pit Bull, Nicki Minaj, Rhianna, Social Distortion, and a whole bunch of movie soundtracks (yes its different than my movie scores!) just to name a few!

I love to listen to movie scores!!! When I was in college and studying this was all I would listen to. I can’t study in silence but I also couldn’t have words being said to me. So I listed to move scores! It’s relaxing and it feels like I'm watching the movie again!!!! I just love em! My movie composers that I will always buy (and might watch the move too) are

Alexandre Desplat (New Moon, Harry Potter # 7.1 and 7.2), Alan Menken (Beauty and The Beast, Little Mermaid, Enchanted, Hercules, Pocahontas), Carter Burwell (True Grit, Twilight), Danny Elfman (one of my TRUE faves) (Alice in Wonderland, Big Fish, Meet the Robinsons, Nightmare Before Christmas, Sleepy Hallow, Batman, Corpse Bride), Hanz Zimmerman (Inception, Pirates, Rango, Sherlock Holmes), Howard shore (Lord of The Rings, Twilight:Eclipse), John Powell (X-men, Harry Potter), John Williams (a true music GENISIS, can you think of someone else who has made such memorable themes as those that are found in Harry Potter, Star Wars and Indiana Jones??? I didn’t think so!) Michael Giacchino (Star Trek, UP (even the music makes me cry), And of course Thomas Newman (every Disney movie almost ever made!)

Can you tell I love movies also?????

Don’t forget to enter my Giveaway

Comments

  1. Lady Gaga and Adele are some of my favorites, too! And who doesn't LOVE HP's tune? LOL

    new follower! :)

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mumford and Sons! New follower: World of Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. Big Mumford fan! From the very beginning. I also love the Harry Potter and Twilight scores.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list!!! I love your post. The MADD totally fits me and made me laugh while reading it. I am also a Mumford & Sons fan they made my list too. And I am SO with you on music scores. I didn't post that but I should have. You can check out my FF here.

    [:

    -ShawnaLeAnn @ Dreaming In The Pages

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower!

    Adele is fabulous :)
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/01/q-many-readersbloggers-are-also-big.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mumford and Sons are absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!! Completely agree, Little Lion Man is definitely my favourite of their songs! I of course love Adele too!

    Awesome post, new follower:D

    Fran
    BookChowDown

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!