Top Ten Tuesday (7): Books for Non-readers


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Who doesn’t like to make lists?!?!?! They make life easy! And fun!!!! And its always a never ending topic!!!!


Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists!

So this week’s top ten are: Top Ten Books I'd Recommend To Someone Who Doesn't Read X (for example, if you are a YA blogger you might pick 10 YA books for ppl who don't read YA or if you read classics maybe 10 classics that those who don't typically read classics might read! Or you could get more specific).

Well this all depends on the person. There are so many great books out there that I feel everyone should read, however some might not be for everyone. I have a comfort zone when it comes to reading, but lately I have been blasting through that. I think for this list that I will give you books to help with the comfort zone thing, ones that if you aren’t sure about a genre you might try this one. They are easy reads, WONDERFUL books and might get you out of your comfort zone and discover something new! These are all along the lines of YA.


Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling- This is such a wonderful book and easy to read. It’s not to scary for someone who hasn’t read before and it has already done a great job of getting more people to read!

Dystopian- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi -This book is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good!!!!!! I'm not one to always read dystopian but this doesn’t really have a very heave dystopian feel to it.  It’s a different read but it’s so beautiful! And Adam, OH SWOON!

Something different- Fifty Shades of Grey and Fifty ShadesDarker by E.L. James- Now if you are an older young adult (over 18) and felt that some of your fave books never go there (always cute the pages of with juicy stuff) this thy this book. But warming its explicit. But SOOO enjoyable!!!! Check out my review for Fifty Shades of Grey and Fifty Shades Darker!


Aliens- Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout- Now a lot of people do like aliens or think ooo it’s little green men with probing fingers! But let me tell you, you will not be thinking that at the end of this book (actually you wont by the time Katy opens the door and sees Daemon, actually thinking back I think my brain went blank, RAWR!!!!!)  I love any book by Jennifer and this one is just so delicious!


Contemp- Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire and Cross My Heart by Katie Klein- Now Beautiful Disaster sparked my LOVE for all things contemp but it can be an intense read! It’s beautiful, crazy and a totally hot mess at times but it’s soooooooo good! But if you want something sweeter, check out Cross My heart, its tame, sweet and might give you a cavity.  If your not sure about contemp, try them out! Read my review for Cross My Heart!

Historical Paranormal- The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare- I have not always been one to read historical works, but I do LOVE history.  Now if I could buy a copy of Clare for everyone in the world I would.  Her books are just so delicious!!!! And old world London is just amazing written by Clare. See my review for Clockwork Prince.


Wolves- Nightshade by Andrea Cremer- Now I have never been one to like wolves (yes yea I'm a team Edward) but this book makes me want to be a wolf girl (esp. because of Ren, OH SWOON!) It’s beautifully written, has some great action and leaves you wanting more!  See my review for Nightshade


Standalone- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver- I really don’t know how to categorize this book aside from AWESOME! But this is just a beautiful novel from an amazing author! It makes you cry, makes you think and its just so beautiful!


Angels- Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick- If you don’t know about reading angels pick up this book! It’s just delightful and there is this super SEXY mmmmmworthy guy named Patch (double swoon!) It’s different and fun and just ohhhhh patch! Sorry that’s about all I can do when thinking about this book.

That’s all I have for now. There are always more awesome books and authors that I want to share with the world.  Guess that’s one reason I started blogging!!! The literary world is so vast and filled with wonder it’s a place that everyone should visit once in their life!

Enjoy!


Don’t forget to enter my Giveaway

Comments

  1. I'm definitely going to check out the titles I'm not familiar with! Great list this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Before I Fall! Also- I have Shatter Me on my shelf.. I really need to pick it up!

    love the blog, new follower!

    you can check out my top ten tuesday at my blog, WeNeedReads if you want!

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome list. Some of them I still need to read. Thanks for sharing. =]
    Here is My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read so many of the books on your list! I love all Cassandra Clare books :)

    Here's my top ten: http://obsessionsofabookaholic.blogspot.com/2012/01/top-ten-books-id-recommend-to-someone.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fifty Shades of Darker has definitely caught my eye! Great list :)

    The Muggle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes Tara, I think we might be the same person. You always suggest all of my favorite books. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list Tara!! I love all the books you've put on your list!! Obsidian and Beautiful Disaster are the best!! :) ;P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!