Waiting on Wednesday (12): Oppression


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you have a chance to let other know what you can’t wait to claim as your own.




by Jessica Therrien

Expected publication: February 28th 2012 by ZOVA BOOKS

Elyse knows what it means to keep a secret. She's been keeping secrets her whole life. Two, actually. First, that she ages five times slower than the average person, so that while she looks eighteen years old, she's closer to eighty. Second, that her blood has a mysterious power to heal. For Elyse, these things don't make her special. They make life dangerous. After the death of her parents, she's been careful to keep her secret as closely guarded as possible. Now, only one other person in the world knows about her age and ability. Or so she thinks. Elyse is not the only one keeping secrets. There are others like her all over the world, descendants of the very people the Greeks considered gods. She is one of them, and they have been waiting for her for a long time. Some are waiting for her to put an end to centuries of traditions that have oppressed their people under the guise of safeguarding them. Others are determined to keep her from doing just that. But for Elyse, the game is just beginning - and she's not entirely willing to play by their rules.


Why I need this: well after I fell in love with Everneath by Brodi Ashton, I'm on the hunt for more Greek mythology book!!! this just sounds so AMAZING!!!! The cover is gorgeous and this just sounds super fabulous!!! Gosh reading the synopsis over makes me just want this more!!! Gah!!!! 

What are you waiting for?

Comments

  1. I haven't heard of this book before. I like the sounds of this one. Great cover! Awesome pick! Thank you for sharing it!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cover, sounds like a book I would enjoy. Thanks for sharing :)

    My WOW: http://fictionfascination.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday-8.html

    New follower

    Carly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Greek mythology books too! I just bought Everneath so I'm super excited to read it! Great pick!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh, I haven't read Everneath yet, but Greek mythology is fun to read. Thanks for sharing, I just add this to my to-read list!

    Candace @ Lovey Dovey Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for featuring my novel! YAY! I can't wait for you to read it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!