Waiting On Wednesday (9): Where it Began

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you have a chance to let other know what you can’t wait to claim as your own. 

by Ann Redisch Stampler
Expected publication: March 6th 2012 by Simon Pulse

A teen’s world comes crashing down in this compulsively readable YA debut that’s as literary as it is commercial.
Gabby Gardiner wakes up in a hospital bed looking like a cautionary ad for drunk driving—and without a single memory of the accident that landed her there. But what she can recall, in frank and sardonic detail, is the year leading up to the crash.
As Gabby describes her transformation from Invisible Girl to Trendy Girl Who Dates Billy Nash (aka Most Desirable Boy Ever), she is left wondering: Why is Billy suddenly distancing himself from her? What do her classmates know that Gabby does not? Who exactly was in the car that night? And why has Gabby been left to take the fall?
As she peels back the layers of her life, Gabby begins to realize that her climb up the status ladder has been as intoxicating as it has been morally complex...and that nothing about her life is what she has imagined it to be.
Why I need this: I always love discovering things as the main character does. One of my fave books from last year was Mara Dyer! This sounds like it’s going to be an amazing debut!!!! The cover is also breathtaking! Discovering ones self and their choices always tends to make a wonderful novel and I love taking that journey!

What are you waiting for?
Don’t forget to enter my Giveaway

Comments

  1. This one sounds really good and the cover is really pretty as well. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Unbecoming of Mara Dyer from the library right now! I do like a mystery...although sometimes I am driven nuts cause I'm like why doesn't someone just tell her what happened?! But this sounds intriguing! Thanks for sharing!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited about this book too. I haven't seen much about it but it sounds like an interesting contemporary novel.

    My WOW: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-31.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting comparison to Mara - makes me want to read this even more! (This is high on my list for this years Debut Challenge!)

    Stop by and see what I'm Waiting On this Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where it began sounds amazing. I really can't wait to get my hands on this book. Great pick!
    Em
    My WoW post
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to this as well.

    My WOW

    New follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading great debuts. Good pick

    Here's mine
    Glitter Lit

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one looks great, and I have to agree, the cover is just smashing! Thanks for stopping by my Waiting on Wednesday oh and this book is so going on my tbr list! [:

    -ShawnaLeAnn @ Dreaming In The Pages

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me too! Me too! *lol* Where It Began looks like ANOTHER 2012 contemporary and I'm so excited to see where it goes.

    Have an amazing reading week!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tara,
    I'm so excited that Where It Began is your Waiting on Wednesday choice! I love that there are readers looking forward to it. Thanks so much! Meanwhile, I've been tooling around your blog looking for your email contact info, but I'm missing it. (I'm having that kind of a morning!) Do send me an email at ann@annstampler.com.
    Talk to you soon!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!