Top Ten Tuesday (9): Great Book Club Books




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Who doesn’t like to make lists?!?!?! They make life easy! And fun!!!! And its always a never ending topic!!!!

Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists!


Top Ten Books I Think Would Make Great Book Club Picks

I consider that the Internet and ESP groups from Goodreads.com (esp the AWESOME ONE Never Too Old for YABooks) are my book clubs I love talking to others about books.  Although I have never gone to a physical book club I LOVE all my online ladies!!!! I can’t quite come up with 10, but I feel like these books bring up wonderful issues and discussions that everyone can relate to!

by Lauren Oliver
If you haven’t read this book yet, stop reading my damn blog and go and get it!!! And then come back to me because I'm about to start a discussion for this book!!!! How would you say goodbye? What would you do if give another chance? What really matters in your life? I can go on and on and on about this book and the themes within the pages.  While reading this book I kept questioning my own life and wonder that if I were Sam what would I do?? UGH!!! Now I feel like reading this book again and talk about it!!! If anyone ever wants to talk about this with me, PLEASE don’t hesitate to contact me!!! I would love to know what everything thinks!

by Tahereh Mafi
This book is just BEAUTIFULLY written!! I love talking to people about this book!!! And lets face it, Adam is just YUMMIE!!!! Hehe I'm trying to keep this about talking about good books and not gushing over the hotness because lets face it, I could write a book about books with hot guys in it!!!! But this book is just amazing!!!! On so many levels!!!

by Jamie McGuire
Aside from the fact that this is an AMAZING book with a HOT guy in it, I love to see how people react to their relationship in general.  I think this book could spark a spicy debate about what is healthy in relationships and what people go through in new relationships!

by Cassandra Clare
This book has the most perfectly written love triangle EVER!!!! And I know that any group of women could debate to the end of time about it! But this is always just such a complex series with so much that could be talked about!!! Like how about telling people how you really feel Will!!!?!?!?!?! SERIOUSLY!!!! WILL you should have told her sooner!!! DAMN IT!!!! Ok I'm done sorry! Like I said, it can be a wonderful book to talk about!!!

by Lauren Oliver
I have to say that as a nurse this book plays to my scientific curiosity.  I was so drawn to this book and feel like I could talk to everyone about it!! do you think love is a disease?  That question alone can spark a tantalizing discussion; not just among my nursing buddies, but with everyone.  What does it mean to love someone? Is it a disease? Are all the great tragedies of the world caused by love? Ugh such an original and deep topic!!! 

by J.K. Rowling
This book pretty much makes every list EVER!!! There is so much to talk about so much to learn and explore between these pages! I love these novels and could talk about them for ages!!!! And they are books that everyone can enjoy and get to know, even if they aren’t readers!

by E.L. James
Well I know that some people might know about this book while others don’t, its not for everyone.  See my reviews for Shades and Darker. Now if you think it’s a book for you, read it! And when you are able to get past all the steamy scenes, lets talk about their relationship!!! It’s just the same as everyone else, well mostly! I say that this can be on there for the same reason that I put Beautiful Disaster on here and that’s because love makes people do crazy things when they are in love, esp. when its not their normal way to love!!!!








So anyways! If you ever want to chat about books just hit me up!!!! I love talking about books!!!

What’s your book club picks??

Comments

  1. Yep still need to read a few of these book for sure.

    http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/top-10-tuesdays-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting choices - some are new to me, and some I have on my list of books to be read soon, like Before I Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice choices. I still haven't made it through HP, but hope to try it again before the end of winter.

    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews
    My Top Ten...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree about Clockwork Prince and Before I fall! :) Great pick Tara :) ;)

    Yeah, and Beautiful Disaster, yes I could discuss it till death! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delirium would definitely be an interesting discussion book! Not sure I agree with Clockwork Prince, though I agree Will is swoon-worthy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!