Waiting on Wednesday (8): Perfect Escape


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you have a chance to let other know what you can’t wait to claim as your own. 


by Jennifer Brown
Expected publication: July 10th 2012 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

Kendra has always felt overshadowed by her older brother, Grayson, whose OCD forces him to live a life of carefully coordinated routines. The only way Kendra can stand out next to Grayson is to be perfect, and she has perfection down to an art -- until a cheating scandal threatens her flawless reputation. 

Behind the wheel of her car, with Grayson asleep beside her, Kendra decides to drive away from it all -- with enough distance, maybe she'll be able to figure everything out. But eventually, Kendra must stop running and come to terms with herself, her brother, and her past. 
With undeniable grace and humor, acclaimed author Jennifer Brown explores OCD, the pressure for perfection, and the emotional highs and lows of a complex sibling relationship.

Why I need it: I have a confession to make: I'm a perfectionist!!!! It’s terrible sometimes, but I can’t help it! I always like to make sure what I put out is my best! So that is why I'm so excited to read about someone else who feels the need to be perfect.  I think this book has the potential to make you ponder your own life, which are books I always like to read about!!!!

What's are you impatiently waiting for?

Don’t forget to enter my Giveaway

Comments

  1. I've seen this book twice. It sounds interesting! Great pick! Thank you for sharing it!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen this book before, but it does look intriguing.

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect Escape sounds really good, adding this on my list ;) Great pick!

    My WoW picks here

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen this book once or twice before but I never knew what it was about till now. It sounds like it could be a really good read! Nice pick! :)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does sound like an interesting book. I love when characters take road trips and deal with their issues. Makes for good drama!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I do love books that make me ponder my choices, too. Thanks for sharing!

    Here's MY WOW POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Waiting On Wednesday Choice ... It sound like an interesting book. :)

    Natasha @ Paranormal Goddess Book Blog ★NEW BLOG FOLLOWER ★ Click Here To Check Out My Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds really interesting Tara! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't seen this one until now, but it sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!