Review: Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

Oh holy hell and a half! This is such a tantalizing book Icouldn’t stop! WARNING: this is a sexually explicit book; it contains maturecontent and is not considered YA.

By E.L. James
From the book flap
Whenliterature student Anastasia Steele is drafted to interview the successfulyoung entrepreneur Christian Grey for her campus magazine, she finds himattractive, enigmatic and intimidating. Convinced their meeting went badly, shetries to put Grey out of her mind - until he happens to turn up at the out-of-townhardware store where she works part-time. 

The unworldly, innocent Ana is shocked torealize she wants this man, and when he warns her to keep her distance it onlymakes her more desperate to get close to him. Unable to resist Ana’s quietbeauty, wit, and independent spirit, Grey admits he wants her - but on his ownterms. 

Shocked yet thrilled by Grey's singular erotictastes, Ana hesitates. For all the trappings of success – his multinationalbusinesses, his vast wealth, his loving adoptive family – Grey is man tormentedby demons and consumed by the need to control. When the couple embarks on apassionate, physical and daring affair, Ana learns more about her own darkdesires, as well as the Christian Grey hidden away from public scrutiny. 
Can their relationship transcend physicalpassion? Will Ana find it in herself to submit to the self-indulgent Master?And if she does, will she still love what she finds? 

Erotic, amusing, and deeply moving, the FiftyShades Trilogy is a tale that will obsess you, possess you, and stay with youforever.
This book is just HOLY MOLY!!!! I meanit!!! this book isn’t going to be for everyone, but if you like more out ofyour books (where the tension is released!) this you might want to readit. 

Ana Steele stumbles into the office ofthe one and only Christian Grey doing a favor for her ill roommate, Kate.  Immediately attracted to him, she stumblesthrough her interview and leaves breathless and embarrassed.  Thinking she will never see him again, she ismore than started when he walks into her work place.  Neither unable to resist the electricitybetween then, Mr. Grey offers Ana a very interesting relationship; one thatwill take Ana on the journey of her life and push Christian to his hard limits. 
While Ana is willing to go where shehas never gone before, Christian keeps his distance.  Always in control and never letting anyoneclose, Christian is both irritated and intrigued by Ana who doesn’t meet any ofhis expectations. 

I am still trying to recover from thisbook.  I made the mistake and really didread what it was about when I started it and lets say it was a pleasantsurprise when it went graphic detail about their sexcapades (not that I'm complaining,because I always get mad when books don’t go there). This book is justincredible!


The relationship that these charactersgo through is an emotional roller costar!!! It’s intense, romantic (at times) and full of drama.  What I really love is that despite the unconventionalnature of the relationship, they are able to do something that not a lot ofcouples do. Communicate! After I cleared my head from the initial shock and aweof everything that is Mr. Grey, the book got me to do some deep thinking.

Even though it fiery and at times peculiar,they do one that PERFECTLY: communicate (well almost perfectly, sometimes I wasalmost screaming out loud for them to just tell each other what they need!!!!DAMN IT!!!! Sorry I still get all worked up!). Why do I say this? Do you thinkthat all they can do together is have great sex??? This is why I will say this:all the time Christian is almost demanding Ana to tell him what she needs.  He lays it all out on the table, makeseverything perfectly clear what he is going to give her, what she is to givehim and what they can expect out of this relationship (even if its not enoughfor either of them).  Over and over hetells her that it’s all about trust. She has to learn to trust him andcommunicate with him what she wants and what he is allowed to do with her!!! (Whatis not to love about this guy!!!) It’s about building trust and communicatingwhich is the functional element of every relationship (even the sexualones).  Their emails to each other are sofunny and just WOW! You get so much and learn a lot out them. 
I love Ana’s inner goddess!!! It reallymakes the book (Aside from the delish Mr. Grey)! Her inner goddess gives her insightand really helps her deal with what she is experiencing.  And OH MY GOODNESSS does she makes me laughout loud! At times I wish she would listen more to her goddess, but I'm sureAna doesn’t always want her advise. 

The banter between the two charactersis just so much fun! I don’t think I can say enough bout this book.  It not only is stimulating, but it reallymakes you think about relationships and what it takes to make a relationshipwork. I think that anyone in a relationship can learn something from Ana andChristian (aside from what to try in the bedroom).  I think they teach us to communicate with oneanother, love someone despite all of their flaws and live life to the fullest.


Ooooo swoon! would he just be dreamy
as Christian? (Jessie Pavelka)

This book is so deep and has so many layers to it. The characters both have a lot of issues to go through and you are going to be left wanting more. 

This book made me laugh out loud, made my heart break and was very tantalizing! This book kept me up to the wee hours of the night and when I was done I wanted to throw my nook across the room (if you read the end you know why!!!) I was so pissed!! DAMN IT!!!!! They are both discovering each other and themselves and what they want out of life. This is a very tantalizing, exhausting and invigorating read. If you like the more mature content, it’s a must! Like I said, it has EXPLICIT content and may not be for everyone. If you have read Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire and like that, you will like this! 

If I had more than 5 stars to give I would

 This book still left me swooning!

Comments

  1. "This book kept me up to the wee hours of the night and when I was done I wanted to throw my nook across the room"

    I feel the same way, haha! This review is awesome! I did a review last week about it and the sequel. Wait until you read the second. It is even better if that's at all possible. OMG would January 19 come fast enough (That's when the third comes out - my inner goddess dances with delight!)

    Twenty Something Fiction Writer
    My Book Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. Love the visuals. Hopefully I can get caught up in time for the new release.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you are thinking!!!! I LOVE to hear from you!!!!!